Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those goals came mostly from two seasons. His general goal output has been closer to 5 than 15 most of his seasons in the PL.
As a short term loan i guess its not the worst signing, but its incredibly underwhelming and i struggle to see how he’s going to help us improve.
I am sure that I can’t see how people don’t see that a proven premier striker who can replace Tosun and play across the whole front line with pace
to shore up our flagging strike force does not improve us .... more importantly the fact that our Boss sees what he brings . No he isn’t a world beater but he was basically free he is keen and eager to impress and that’s enough for a few months .

I always rated him when we played them. It could be a case of when he is one of our own we will be more critical or he becomes crap for us like 70% of the other strikers we have signed in the last 30years.
In summary I predict he will either be good for us or he will not.
i will come on here and say I told you so aswell. Dont think I wont. Hear me now
You’ve only quoted good or bad, what about indifferent?

....Ancelotti was quoted in the summer as saying he wanted a ‘counter-attacking’ striker, so King fits that ‘type’. A bit odd that names like Giroud and Dzeko were being put forward.

If his movement and pace is any way decent he'll cause all sorts of problems on the counter. Exactly the type of player that will create space for DCL and Richarlison, and also what James will thrive on. I'm optimistic about this lad.

I am optimistic for his movement and pace as a foil to Richy and DCL. Further he has a good football brain and an eye for a run so could be a good combo for the through passes of James, and more recently Keanenbauer's carry out and chip from defence.

I always rated him when we played them. It could be a case of when he is one of our own we will be more critical or he becomes crap for us like 70% of the other strikers we have signed in the last 30years.
In summary I predict he will either be good for us or he will not.
i will come on here and say I told you so aswell. Dont think I wont. Hear me now
i think you will be right, he will be either good or bad.

I think he will be better than Bernard and a few others to be fair.
I think he will. He’s got pace and physicality which Bernard doesn’t have. He’s not going to score a hatful but should hopefully make a decent impact. Right thing for Gordon to go on loan too.

Status
Not open for further replies.