2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very curious to see what Carlo decides to do with Godfrey and Digne because I think the biggest knock-on effect is on Iwobi. Hopefully the Newcastle game was an aberration for a lot of players and Digne, Iwobi and others will kick on. It's a much better use of our players with Digne at LB, Richy at LW, Iwobi at RW and James in the middle. It's been said already, but I would like to see what Godfrey can do at RB. Give him a run there because we need his power and speed. Rotate Holgate at RB and CB to give Mina rest. Let's hope Iwobi can continue his form and lock down some consistency.

Needs to play far better than he did on Saturday which was absolutely woeful. He has far too many performances like that where the effort desire to get stuck in is completely missing. Its what I call an Arsenal performance, the likes him and Walcott would serve up and would go unchecked.

When Ancelotti talks about desire, commitment and spirit, those words were aimed at players like Iwobi, Richarlison, Gylfi, Coleman, Digne on Saturday who didn't fancy a scrap and were unwilling to dig in and win their individual battles.

I genuinely wonder what Arsenal's reaction was when we called them on deadline say and said "We are prepared to pay you £30m pounds for your Nigerian international attacking midfielder Alexander Iwobi". I like to think they muted the call and started laughing their heads off, before quickly composing themselves in the knowledge that any delay could lead to a potential deal not going through.

I bet they didn't even have the audacity to negotiate for a higher fee, probably just responded with "Ok, that seems like a reasonable fee, we accept your offer".

--

I, like you, think he's absolutely woeful. Alas, he won't be the last 30+ million waste of space we accumulate in the squad. I can't wait to see what Brands has lined up for us in the summer - he'll probably go and throw 50m at Dele Alli or something.
Imagine getting that call, knowing that you had Saka ready to come through and take his place in the squad.

Needs to play far better than he did on Saturday which was absolutely woeful. He has far too many performances like that where the effort desire to get stuck in is completely missing. Its what I call an Arsenal performance, the likes him and Walcott would serve up and would go unchecked.

When Ancelotti talks about desire, commitment and spirit, those words were aimed at players like Iwobi, Richarlison, Gylfi, Coleman, Digne on Saturday who didn't fancy a scrap and were unwilling to dig in and win their individual battles.

Hopefully King’s arrival will give him a kick up the backside. If Godfrey is at left back and Digne further forward also then there’s more competition. I think Iwobi knew that as soon as he was fit again he was straight back in so was just half arseing as usual, whereas before Christmas when he was given a first team opportunity he scrapped to keep it. Richarlison is the same, when your only competition of Bernard and Gordon and you know the manager doesn’t fancy either then you’re not going to worry about your place. Hopefully we’ve now got 4 wide options in the 4231 and Richarlison and Iwobi both start showing their top form.

Hopefully King’s arrival will give him a kick up the backside. If Godfrey is at left back and Digne further forward also then there’s more competition. I think Iwobi knew that as soon as he was fit again he was straight back in so was just half arseing as usual, whereas before Christmas when he was given a first team opportunity he scrapped to keep it. Richarlison is the same, when your only competition of Bernard and Gordon and you know the Alan get doesn’t fancy either then you’re not going to worry about your place. Hopefully we’ve now got 4 wide options in the 4231 and Richarlison and Iwobi both start showing their top form.

Fingers crossed mate. Thats why it was so vital to get someone in. DCL has looked goosed but it'll give him a lift and in particular Iwobi and Richarlison needed some genuine competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.