2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Iwobi’s problem, at Arsenal and now here, is he’s massively inconsistent. When he’s on it, he can be a threat, when he’s not he’s absolute trash
Agree and what makes it worse he can be both in one game. I thought he was reasonable first half but he has done my head in since half time. Decision making and positional play awful.

Hopefully King’s arrival will give him a kick up the backside. If Godfrey is at left back and Digne further forward also then there’s more competition. I think Iwobi knew that as soon as he was fit again he was straight back in so was just half arseing as usual, whereas before Christmas when he was given a first team opportunity he scrapped to keep it. Richarlison is the same, when your only competition of Bernard and Gordon and you know the manager doesn’t fancy either then you’re not going to worry about your place. Hopefully we’ve now got 4 wide options in the 4231 and Richarlison and Iwobi both start showing their top form.

That is definitely important. If Richy hits form for the next 18 games we will be doing really well. Hasn't really arrived this season yet. He scored 15 last year and so he owes us some performances! Iwobi too, what's his target? 5 assists 5 goals? Even that will be a lot now for the rest of the season, but nowhere near worth £30m

Quiet game really, they did most of their attacking down our left first half using Raphina. Didn’t do anything terrible, didn’t really get involved and contribute either though.

If we’re going to play 4411 next season I think we need to upgrade left and right midfield. Don’t think Richarlison wants to be playing left mid, he wants to be a wide or centre forward - he’s not getting in the box enough in this formation. Iwobi suspect would also rather be playing as a wide forward or number 10. They’ll do for this season need better if we are planning on playing a midfield 4 next season.

That raphina cost about half what he did and looks thrice the player, why can’t we find them players
I think it has to be said Raphinha has had one position and one role that actually suits his play. For me Iwobi is playing a position that isn't really what he's good at and he gives it what he can. But he is not and has never been a classic keep the width and whip crosses in winger and he will never be good doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.