Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that's the correct team. Hopefully gets some goals in then we can bring shuffle it a bit with either holgate and Godfrey coming on to see the game out.

Cant remember the last time we were out of sight at half time. We'd need 4 at least. I dont think this is going to be the walkover people seem to think it will be
Exactly...No “easy” games in the prem so unless Carlo thinks we can blow them away which I doubt, he hasn’t left us many solutions on the bench if this becomes a tough game!

The only thing I can think of is Carlo doesn't want it to look like he's scapegoating Pickford by dropping him.

I hope not mate, the team is more important than just looking out for the interest of individuals. It’s a joke really, if an outfield player was out of form and kept giving the ball away and messing up he’d be dropped and made to work hard to get his place back.

No problem with the line up, hopefully with Doucs back there will be less pressure on the back line meaning no chance of Pickford doing a Pickford. Digne being back in his natural position should mean plenty of link ups with him and James meaning more chances in the box for Dom, Richy and Wobes

Gomes has been a good sub recently to be fair, but you’re right that we’re missing a striker / winger
Gomes for me has flattered to deceive..has a good game now and again but I couldn’t see him turning this game in our favour if we desperately needed it.

We need more options but I think the board will wait until the summer.

I think that will be a missed opportunity with such an open league this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.