Match Thread Everton v Newcastle - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Might put money on newcastle penalty. Little cheats like Wilson versus our trigger happy foulers like Gomes/Davies will probably result in at least one.

All points to a Newcastle win doesn't it ffs lol
I would take that 3-0 stat lol, but sticking to 2-0, and yes it does lol, the longer it may go go at 0-0 the more we may panic, Leeds and west ham been 2 home games i thought we would win, one i thought we were ok in v Leeds and should have been a draw, while west ham were as bad as us and should have been 0-0 for me, but thats just my thinking lol

I think @ForeverBlue92 is right - while he gets in the way of DCL's best, we need to go to two up top and play Richarlison more centrally to get him out of the slump.

I'm less sure that we should be shoehorning Digne in at left mid in front of the current back four, but it's worth a shot.

4-3-1-2 for me with Iwobi, Doucoure and Digne in midfield, and Rodriguez playing centrally as the Route One target on the counter. That gets our current best XI on the pitch.

Much as it pains me, I think we go Pickford in goal because bringing Olsen in is bad man management that sends the wrong message.
It’s only “bad man management” if Olsen plays has a good game, does absolutely nothing wrong then Pickford comes straight back in for the next game! Olsen deserves a run of games in the team, and Pickford needs to know he’s not un droppable!

Their manager is on the verge of a sacking - que Everton to step up and offer a lifeline, we are the people's club. Could see this going the way of WHU and Leeds.

I would take that 3-0 stat lol, but sticking to 2-0, and yes it does lol, the longer it may go go at 0-0 the more we may panic, Leeds and west ham been 2 home games i thought we would win, one i thought we were ok in v Leeds and should have been a draw, while west ham were as bad as us and should have been 0-0 for me, but thats just my thinking lol
Yep,after the equaliser last night I was convinced Leicester were going to nick it and would happily have settled for what we eventually got,strangely though we created the real chances to win it in the last five minutes!!

Quite like the look of the 4312.

Olson
Mason-keggers-yezza-god Benfrey
Doucs-gomes/Tom d-lucas
Hamez (in the hole - tra la la la la)
Richy-dcl

Iwobbly off the bench if it ain't working.

Smash em please Toffees, for god's sake!

Just play with confidence. Knock it about and don't try to walk it in. No reason to fear these. Get a goal and their confidence will be shot.
Only way we'll lose is mistakes or lazy play.

This is the game to break up the 4 centre half defence I reckon. Looking back at the West Ham game, we were crying out for width and creativity from full back areas and I’d imagine Newcastle are going to look to sit deep and keep it tight and narrow.

Digne LB with Richarlison ahead of him creating space for each other, Doucoure back in the middle for some much needed legs and Hamez spraying his lovely balls. Easy this management lark.

Going to be difficult to completely change the style with the onus on us to attack. These are desperate for a win and I think it's going to be a slog for us to win. 3 points by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.