Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Would love to punt Tosun but unless we get a striker in we simply can’t do that.
We could, however, recall Walcott.

I'm only partly joking. If a firm offer for Tosun came in and NO-ONE else was available to replace him, I'd be tempted to sell Tosun and recall Theo. He can back up Rodriguez on the right, either in a 4-3-3 or the 4-2-3-1... this frees up Iwobi to move over to the left, which provides cover for Richarlison. In turn this allows us to start either DCL or Richarlison at CF as Carlo sees fit in any given game.

Obviously I'd prefer to see us bring in someone on loan, but selling Tosun and having Walcott on the bench is probably a better overall scenario than loaning Walcott out and keeping Tosun on the bench.

EDIT: I'm aware that Iwobi has only recently emerged to be not absolute gash on the right, and that expecting him to work effectively on the left is hopeful at best.

Really difficult window So far for ty3 premier league. Only four permanent deals from outside the PL.
Covid and new transfer rules affecting deals.
It struck me that Zirkee might not have qualified with enough points for a visa anyway.

We could, however, recall Walcott.

I'm only partly joking. If a firm offer for Tosun came in and NO-ONE else was available to replace him, I'd be tempted to sell Tosun and recall Theo. He can back up Rodriguez on the right, either in a 4-3-3 or the 4-2-3-1... this frees up Iwobi to move over to the left, which provides cover for Richarlison. In turn this allows us to start either DCL or Richarlison at CF as Carlo sees fit in any given game.

Obviously I'd prefer to see us bring in someone on loan, but selling Tosun and having Walcott on the bench is probably a better overall scenario than loaning Walcott out and keeping Tosun on the bench.
Or we could get rid of both and remove the last stain from the Big Sam era.

Look, we need a Striker, even with Tosun being here, if we get rid, we still need a Striker.

If we don't get a Striker in, then I would still get him out the door, he stinks, we have DCL and Rico who can play as a number 9, in an emergency Gordon, LOL, but I could think of about 10 other options I would prefer than Tosun.

We have lost an utter fortune with Covid and we are still losing vast sums of money weekly.

So getting rid of a player that nobody wants will be good business for me, its not like there's a single person that wants him starting games for us, I mean he was our only choice the other day and Carlo played Iceland up top, hes BAD and hes costing us money.

Or we could get rid of both and remove the last stain from the Big Sam era.

Look, we need a Striker, even with Tosun being here, if we get rid, we still need a Striker.

If we don't get a Striker in, then I would still get him out the door, he stinks, we have DCL and Rico who can play as a number 9, in an emergency Gordon, LOL, but I could think of about 10 other options I would prefer than Tosun.

We have lost an utter fortune with Covid and we are still losing vast sums of money weekly.

So getting rid of a player that nobody wants will be good business for me, its not like there's a single person that wants him starting games for us, I mean he was our only choice the other day and Carlo played Iceland up top, hes BAD and hes costing us money.
Yerry emergency striker or total football with James and gylfi as false something or others

Status
Not open for further replies.