Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the replays pickford seems to expect a deflection to his left and starts off that way then has to go back to his right. Then he trys to tip it round the post.

Get nigel martyn in to teach this lad how to be a goalie

Get douc back in for Davies for horse punchers. Consider iwobi instead of richarlison too.
But most critically, drop Pickford. He always commits hari kari against them and coming off tonight - where he will know the two points dropped are down to him - he is a risk we are able to avoid where we have an able deputy.

Bit harsh we just haven't got a good enough back up. Midfield. They can't keep possession. Makes it difficult to win enough of the ball and maintain pressure. That will change with new faces I hope.
I get 4pts against a rival is a great return, but at 1nil, and after weathering the storm in the 1st half i was hoping for a change 2nd half. Instead we sat deeper and allowed them into our box a dozen times and had a lot of last ditch defending to keep them at bay.. but at some point the ball will end up in the back of the net playing that game especially with prickford in goals.
Disappointing, seen that 4th spot with games still in hand in big lights at HT, shouldve known better!

i don’t think anyone including myself is that unhappy with the draw. It’s more the manner of it.
Another howler from a keeper he insists on playing. Why sign Olsen? We didn’t even try to get a second until they equalised.

4 points from a good Leicester team is a good return. It’s all about the manner of it. Had Pickford not dropped one and it was a good goal then I would be less annoyed.
The manner of it is right.. pickford aside DCL and Gomes had great chances to win it right at the end.

Get douc back in for Davies for horse punchers. Consider iwobi instead of richarlison too.
But most critically, drop Pickford. He always commits hari kari against them and coming off tonight - where he will know the two points dropped are down to him - he is a risk we are able to avoid where we have an able deputy.
Doucoure for Gomes. Someone has to want the ball in midfield. And yes Iwobi in but I'd go for Holgate. You need real threats at fullback against a team as poor as Newcastle. Digne back at LB and we are set.

I get 4pts against a rival is a great return, but at 1nil, and after weathering the storm in the 1st half i was hoping for a change 2nd half. Instead we sat deeper and allowed them into our box a dozen times and had a lot of last ditch defending to keep them at bay.. but at some point the ball will end up in the back of the net playing that game especially with prickford in goals.
Disappointing, seen that 4th spot with games still in hand in big lights at HT, shouldve known better!
Yeah a pity. We just need more options going forward. Another version of Richie so we can drop this one.
Got to be sharp and positive from the off on Saturday and smash Newcastle.

Status
Not open for further replies.