Match Thread Everton v Leicester City - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get douc back in for Davies for horse punchers. Consider iwobi instead of richarlison too.
But most critically, drop Pickford. He always commits hari kari against them and coming off tonight - where he will know the two points dropped are down to him - he is a risk we are able to avoid where we have an able deputy.
I think you’ll be disappointed, Pickford and Richarlison won’t be dropped, Olsen will come in for the odd game, but those 2 will both be regulars.

Its been a fantastic season so far. I think we are performing above where we should be for the sqaud, we are particularly light up front, in the fullback positions and missing a creative player imo. Saying that its days like today that remind me we desperately need a solid number 1. If we were to reach a final, I've no doubt this clown would completely bottle it and cost us. He needs to be dealt with in the summer. The amount of points we must have dropped in the last couple of seasons just through goalie errors must easy be in double figures.
I agree we have had a good season and we could be have won more games if we had a better goal keeper. I'm still startled that he is one of the main goal keepers for the National Team.

Tough one to take, even if they did batter us for 30 mins in that 2nd half.

Felt we’d rode the wave and Pickford let’s a very weak one in.

Even then we had golden chances to win at the end. Big, big shame, got no doubt that one of Doucoure or Allan really relieves the pressure of our back line there tonight and we have a repeat of the reverse fixture.

Ahhh well, taken 4 points from Leicester this season, 2 games in hand to close the gap on the top also.

It's not the result that is the problem...

We all know/think Pickford has a clanger like that in him. Carlo must know it too. Sit on a 1-0 lead and invite the opposition on to you and you are just asking for something like that to happen. Play to your strengths and mitigate your weakenesses, and put players in a position to succeed, not to fail.

Plus if they hadn't scored then, we would have sat back the rest of the game, and they probably/may well score anyhow.

And we've got you for company!! ;)

Yeah, he's amde me look a right mug there hasn't he!! :eek: :D I'm a bit behind as well, so had literally just posted! :(

You feel stressed?!? :eek: :eek:
I don’t disagree, mate, that’s why it’s a sickener. The best keepers in the world will drop a clanger now and then, but this lad has lost us too many points now. Has to be dropped permanently. Better still, mug BFS or some other desperate mug for £20m or so in the next couple of days.

Felt like Carlo gave them just a bit too much respect and could have been a little more aggressive with the tactics offensively, but since Richarlison is playing like a poor man’s Theo Walcott right now, maybe it wouldn’t have mattered. Also think the subs were about right but came about 15-20 minutes too late.

With all that said, if Olsen is in goal, we win 1-0 and nobody cares about how we got there.

I think Richarlison looked a lot better moving onto the left wing with Iwobi on the right. He seems far more comfortable there.

The whole BT team have been pretty poor tonight. A real love in for all things Leicester all game and even the interviewer sounded like he wanted to towel Brendan off himself
They had Robbie Savage on, what did you expect. To be fair we didn't play well and they did.

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to BT Sport:

I thought we deserved a point. We made a good start to the game, it was a bit scruffy but they had that moment of quality, so we had to regroup again. We had some good patterns but we didn't make the goalkeeper work so much in the first half.

"We should've gone on and won the game, that was maybe two points dropped for us but they're a really good side - but if you can't win, don't lose.

"They are strong on set-pieces and when you let quality players get on the ball, they can hurt you but you can just see the development in the team and the quality of the game, so I'm happy for the players.

"It's a big credit to our players that they were able to open Everton up. We have good players with a good mentality and I thought overall we were excellent in the game.

"You come away to play against a top team and get a point and if you can't win it you just move on."

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers to BBC Sport:
I was really pleased with the team. We started the game very well and worked our way through the lines. They sat really deep.

"We made a mistake for their goal which gave them something to hang on to. It was about how we responded. In the second half we were outstanding. We were unfortunate we couldn’t get the second goal.

"On another day we could have won it.

"We knew we’d have to have patience and there wouldn’t be too many goals.

"Performance wise it was really good. They are a tough team to play against.

"Wilfred Ndidi felt something in his hamstring, it tightened up a little bit. We'll assess him in the next couple of days. Jonny Evans had blurred vision in one eye. Couldn’t take any risk, get him off."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.