Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carragher dismissed us tonight in the Arsenal Newcastle coverage too.

In his esteemed view, Arsenal are returning to their rightful place in the table and will despatch clubs the like of Newcastle, West Ham and Everton on their path to this apparent destiny. Apparently that’s our swimlane. Know your place.
No chance Arsenal finish above us

Carragher said, when I was a kid (ie the 1980s) it was the biggest thing in the world if Everton could get a draw at Anfield. Funny cos I don't recall Howard with tears of joy in his eyes after gettting a draw there. And then he crowbars this 'recollection' into a discussion with Neville to use as bait by comparing that Everton side to United now.
He's got a point like. Why oh why wont teams just play fair and let Liverpool have some shots and goals. Liverpool not winning is usually a good indication that the other side are cowards, that's all.

Good post.
However, I don't think it is 6 teams they are interested in but 4 teams:
Liverpool
United
Chelsea
Arsenal.
Any other team is nothing more than an inconvenience to them hence ignored, rubbished or ridiculed.
That is the SKY script that all presenters and so called pundits are told to follow. If they don't they simply
do not get invited back.
Yeah they only started calling it “the top 6” instead of “the top 4” when Man U and Liverpool started finishing lower than 4th.

FWIW though, I don’t think there’s a bias when the pundits dismiss us for the title, as we’ve not even finished in the Europa league positions for a few years and I’m not sure even the most optimistic of blues thinks we’ll be winning the league and would rip your hand off if offered 4th right now.

I don't believe there is a coordinated agenda aginst the club, but I still get wound up by the dismissive attitude of pundits andsports editors. If a club like Burnley or Newcastle found themselves in our current position, do you think they would be routinely ignored or acknowledged for doing well? I binned Sky many years ago, but my current gripe is with the BBC local news, who always talk up the RS, Utd and City but are more likely to feature our opponents when referring to our games The latest snub was given to our Womens team, with the Manchester teams results deemed worthy of reports with no mention at all of Everton. I feel entitled to my frustration.
Yep. We pay the BBC NOT to have an agenda, and they are no different to Sky.

Yep. We pay the BBC NOT to have an agenda, and they are no different to Sky.
I think the BBC football website is actually worst than SKY to be honest.
It's usually just a cheerleading site for United & Liverpool. As a public
service broadcaster funded by a mandatory licence fee it's nothing short
of a disgrace. How Dan Roan has still got a job is beyond me.

I think the BBC football website is actually worst than SKY to be honest.
It's usually just a cheerleading site for United & Liverpool. As a public
service broadcaster funded by a mandatory licence fee it's nothing short
of a disgrace. How Dan Roan has still got a job is beyond me.
I expect it from the national news service, but since NorthWest Tonight is supposed to cover the region you might expect them to be a bit more even-handed. We may not be as successful as the others, but we still have a sizeable following in the region.

We've given them no reason in recent years to think we're even in the conversation, so I could understand them writing us off

What gets me is that they really seem to enjoy knocking us, especially the Liverpool pundits

I've said it before, but for Liverpool fans to be happy they need Everton to be miserable

They could win The Champions League and Premier League, but if we won the League Cup it would ruin it for them

They're a really strange bunch

I honestly don't know what they'd do if we actually finished Top 4. Probably "Worst season ever" shouts to hand wave it away

I expect it from the national news service, but since NorthWest Tonight is supposed to cover the region you might expect them to be a bit more even-handed. We may not be as successful as the others, but we still have a sizeable following in the region.
I agree 100%.
However, the BBC is chasing ratings along with clicks & hits just as a commercial broadcaster would.
The exact opposite of what a public service broadcaster should be doing.

Apart from the fact that spurs have been consistently talked about being in the title race since the start of the season. I've even seen talk of Southampton being in the title race.

So your argument kind of falls to bits there really.

Besides the position we are in at the moment proves we should he involved at the top because that's where we are. Whether we fall away or not is yet to be seen but at the moment we are where we are.
Spurs have been spoken about as being in the title race every year since 1961! Even when they had been relegated in the mid 70s. lol

The result of my attempt to get news on Everton on the SkySports app. Not really a surprise.
skysports app.png

Nothing will ever change. The media will chase the so-called glamour clubs. The Leicester triumph set them back a bit and it was and is regarded as some sort of miracle. It probably was a miracle seeing how money buys everything including success.

Status
Not open for further replies.