Media Bias and its effect if any on Overall Outcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
People need to get a grip, who cares what these bells in the media think ?

Just support Everton rather than stewing over what some has been footballer on the tele thinks.
It issue is that it does effect the players they are not immune from it.. if a report came out that said Chelsea are interested in signing Richarlson for 95 million it wouldn't take long for another report saying that according to sources Richarlson wants a move to Chelsea as he feels there's a better chance of champions league than with mid table battlers Everton.. then his twitter gets hounded by Chelsea fans all bigging him up.. There'll be Everton fans on giving abuse for him wanting to leave.. He'll be asked questions about the move in post game interviews, the Brazilian media will get involved he'll be questioned about it on international duty.. eventually he'll start thinking maybe I do want to go to Chelsea and now Everton end up with an unhappy player.
Look at Lukaku he was constantly hounded by the media about a move it didn't matter to where just as long as Everton couldn't keep a top player who needed champions league football to progress his career.

The last 24 hours has seen a marked shift by the BBC and Sky.

It's all been hyperbole about Manure.

Come tomorrow, after the RS turn over Burnley, it will all be about the RS again.

We've been unhappy with pundits who don't mention Everton when they talk about clubs in the hunt for the league title, even though they believe
there are five or six chances.

Well, I've got one. Steve McManaman put us in his list in the wrap up of Liverpool's latest flop against Burnley.

i spotted this on a website whilst looking for the nickname of another club.

"For a city once famed for the friendliness of its rivalry, things have taken a more bitter turn in recent years. That is due in part to Liverpool’s success and Everton’s lack thereof, also earning Evertonians the nickname of ‘Bitters’.

Ive emailed them with a nice warning if they dont remove it with 72 hours i will take further action.

"For a city once famed for the friendliness of its rivalry, things have taken a more bitter turn in recent years. That is due in part to Liverpool’s success and Everton’s lack thereof, also earning Evertonians the nickname of ‘Bitters’.

Ive emailed them with a nice warning if they dont remove it with 72 hours i will take further action.

vile that

Haha get a grip.

Further action, what will you do??

Context lad..
Screenshot_20210126-194816.png

Seen one of the paper had a who will win the league, giving details on 6 teams and we where actually one of them

Really good article (From a City fan) on the bias against everton and why they are largely ignored (Or why they shouldnt be)

imo it's astounding how much Everton are not reported on. I guess it is do with lfc being around the corner and all the media that they dominate

I see Carragher has said Everton are in with a “once in a generation“ chance of a top four finish this year. He either can’t count to four or he doesn’t know what a generation is.
Could argue that 2005 is a generational gap - certainly in terms of footballing generations such as Englands "Golden Generation" of the 90's or Belgium's "Golden Generation" of the last few years.

Could argue that 2005 is a generational gap - certainly in terms of footballing generations such as Englands "Golden Generation" of the 90's or Belgium's "Golden Generation" of the last few years.
I always understood a “generation“ to be 25 years. I know it is not a definitive measurement of time but if it is generally understood to be a certain period then that is the accepted norm.
My point is that the accepted understanding of the word “pundit” is stretched to the absolute limits when prefixed by the word “football”.

Even though every match is on TV and its their job you can tell these bellend commentators have never watched Everton play. We defend every set piece very deep and they are completely baffled.

Status
Not open for further replies.