Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then why were you trying to sell Keane in December?

And in November you wrote that Keane was a total liability and you didn’t want him anywhere near the starting 11.

If you’ve always said he’s good with how Carlo sets us up, and you’re not advocating for a high line, then in what way is he a “total liability?”

He genuinely has been quality ever since Carlo has arrived.

How can a poster on an internet forum "try to sell Keane in December" lol

Im not sure you really understood the context of my posts...

1: Ancelotti set up with Holgate/Keane/Mina/Godfrey.

Im fine with that deep defensive structure.

2: If Keane plays in a high line he looks lost and a liability. If hes deep he looks good, always has. No top side plays as deep as us all game, ergo its likely we will evolve into more of a higher line and/or attacking players will be added at full back which leaves Keane exposed.

3: Keanes stock is at its highest now. For a player who cant play any other system other than a deep defence id sell him as the fee would be the most he will ever be worth and we have 5 centre backs (6 if you include Gibson).

So to make it short...

If we stick to the defensive structure then Keane will most likely continue to do well...if we add attacking full backs and/or play a higher line then he wont.

His value now is the highest it will ever be...Id sell him if the fee is decent. Mina is a better player, but id also look to sell him...unless we keep this defence in which case then keep both.

I think with Simms going out then there may be a young centre forward signing to first go into the u23s.

Hopefully thats the case and we land ourselves another Nkounkou/Branthwaite level performer on the cheap.

A nice proven (premier League) striker doesn't cost any less than £60m.
A nice proven striker isn't going to come and sit on the bench which DCL (quite rightly) plays 90 mins each week.

We need someone better than Cenk Tosun, who is happy to play 2nd fiddle for the remainder of the season, who won't cost a huge fee or demand huge wages.
Spurs have been looking for 0ne of them for the last 5 years

They all have their own threads.

So do the players we have strong links to (Zirkzee).

Lets hope that theres a few outs this window to be happy about at least.

Id be happy if we sell a few now and buy in summer, although obviously id love a signing or two.

How can a poster on an internet forum "try to sell Keane in December" lol

Im not sure you really understood the context of my posts...

1: Ancelotti set up with Holgate/Keane/Mina/Godfrey.

Im fine with that deep defensive structure.

2: If Keane plays in a high line he looks lost and a liability. If hes deep he looks good, always has. No top side plays as deep as us all game, ergo its likely we will evolve into more of a higher line and/or attacking players will be added at full back which leaves Keane exposed.

3: Keanes stock is at its highest now. For a player who cant play any other system other than a deep defence id sell him as the fee would be the most he will ever be worth and we have 5 centre backs (6 if you include Gibson).

So to make it short...

If we stick to the defensive structure then Keane will most likely continue to do well...if we add attacking full backs and/or play a higher line then he wont.

His value now is the highest it will ever be...Id sell him if the fee is decent. Mina is a better player, but id also look to sell him...unless we keep this defence in which case then keep both.
1. You know exactly what I meant with the bolded.. Don’t be a clown.

2. So to summarize, you were wrong when you called Keane a “Total liability” and said he had no awareness only 2 months ago but you won’t just come out and say it. If he’s good with how we’ve been playing for a year, what makes him such a liability? You’ve doubled down on your bias against him. Just once, admit you were wrong and accept it. I promise it doesn’t hurt. Here I’ll show you how. I was 100% wrong about DCL. Now you go.

Dont want to see Keane anywhere near the starting 11...total liability.

Godfrey + Holgate have the athleticism we need to play on the front foot.

Keane (and Mina) playing means we have to sit back...

I really am fed up with Keane at this point...hes just a coward with no awareness.

I love to see the slow inevitable build up of rage as the all the living room football managers begin to gnash their teeth because Everton haven’t bought / sold the players they would have bought / sold. It is truly one of the few pleasures I have in my sad, desperate life :)

Status
Not open for further replies.