Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still fancy King at £120k per week?

He will be VP z as very expensive mistake for some club or other.
I wouldn’t have minded king at a reasonable deal as he could cover across the front three but not at that sort of wage - can’t be paying lads who are ostensibly squad players over £100k a week - we’d never get rid of him

I wouldn’t have minded king at a reasonable deal as he could cover across the front three but not at that sort of wage - can’t be paying lads who are ostensibly squad players over £100k a week - we’d never get rid of him
Exactly. And that’s the difficulty of the January window.

Definitely not worth it at that price.

Exactly. And that’s the difficulty of the January window.

Definitely not worth it at that price.
To be honest unless it’s the sort of deal like that zirkzee one - cheaper with potential- then I just wouldn’t bother this window.

Save the pennies for summer and get ourselves a right back [aarons ideally] and the third wheel in that midfield alongside Allan and doucoure

Who would cost "a fortune" to replace?
Who would cost a fortune to replace?
In fairness Zat there are about 6 named there who need replacing because they are part of the current first team playing squad, and being used all too regularly. If we are going to ell them, then they have to be replaced by better quality otherwise there's no point, and that increase in quality comes at a cost.

Firstly, you would need somebody to replace Kean and Tosun. A top forward player these days is going to cost over £40m. Then we need somebody to replace Bernard and Siggy. Somebody to replace Gomes and Davies. Plus a right back to replace Coleman/Kenny. We won't be getting much if any change out of £30m for any of those 3 players.

That's £130m spent already, and we're also left severely short of fringe players should we have an injury crisis and we also only have youth cover for Pickford. So let's say minimum £150m spend to replace all those mentioned. We may recoup £50m from the sale of players, and that depends on getting a decent fee of £30/35m for Kean.

After the last 2 years losses, coupled with the effects of covid, I really don't think we have £100m net to spend on players over the next 2 windows Zat.

I think the best we can hope for is maybe a loaned striker this window, then sell Kean in the summer and use the money for a replacement to cover the front 3, and a new right back. I can see us offloading Tosun, Kenny and Delph in addition to those mentioned not part of the current first team squad. However Davies, Gomes, Siggy, and perhaps Bernard I can see staying at the club, at least for next season. We may also bring in one or two young players like Nkounkou

To be honest unless it’s the sort of deal like that zirkzee one - cheaper with potential- then I just wouldn’t bother this window.

Save the pennies for summer and get ourselves a right back [aarons ideally] and the third wheel in that midfield alongside Allan and doucoure
I think that’s the clubs stance.

Focus on moving players on, if possible.

can’t afford to make the mistakes of the past. Walcot and Tosun were part of operation avoid the drop, and in that context, we did it and that’s fine.

We are not in that place now. We are looking for top four standard players (or with potential to be that). They are harder to come by and teams don’t want to release them.

In fairness Zat there are about 6 named there who need replacing because they are part of the current first team playing squad, and being used all too regularly. If we are going to ell them, then they have to be replaced by better quality otherwise there's no point, and that increase in quality comes at a cost.

Firstly, you would need somebody to replace Kean and Tosun. A top forward player these days is going to cost over £40m. Then we need somebody to replace Bernard and Siggy. Somebody to replace Gomes and Davies. Plus a right back to replace Coleman/Kenny. We won't be getting much if any change out of £30m for any of those 3 players.

That's £130m spent already, and we're also left severely short of fringe players should we have an injury crisis and we also only have youth cover for Pickford. So let's say minimum £150m spend to replace all those mentioned. We may recoup £50m from the sale of players, and that depends on getting a decent fee of £30/35m for Kean.

After the last 2 years losses, coupled with the effects of covid, I really don't think we have £100m net to spend on players over the next 2 windows Zat.

I think the best we can hope for is maybe a loaned striker this window, then sell Kean in the summer and use the money for a replacement to cover the front 3, and a new right back. I can see us offloading Tosun, Kenny and Delph in addition to those mentioned not part of the current first team squad. However Davies, Gomes, Siggy, and perhaps Bernard I can see staying at the club, at least for next season. We may also bring in one or two young players like Nkounkou

I put the squad down a page or two ago...

If we punted all those players we would need:

2×RB
3×CB
1×CF

We'd then hit the same numbers Brands said he wanted.

The GK backup would be Olsen and we could perhaps go with 1 RB as Holgate and Godfrey can both play there.

But basically 5 or 6 players.

If we dont sell them then apart from Gomes/Davies/Kean theyre all gone for frees within 18months.

I think that’s the clubs stance.

Focus on moving players on, if possible.

can’t afford to make the mistakes of the past. Walcot and Tosun were part of operation avoid the drop, and in that context, we did it and that’s fine.

We are not in that place now. We are looking for top four standard players (or with potential to be that). They are harder to come by and teams don’t want to release them.
Agreed - they’ve been times in the recent past where I’d have quite happily flogged every single player - not now - got the makings of a v good side which just needs a couple of additions to really strengthen it

We’ve had DCL, Digne, James, Allan, Richarlison, Coleman and Holgate all out at various stages, but we need to keep everyone fit to get results??

No we don't need to keep everyone fit to get results. But i think if we're to make a sustained push for top 6 we could do with one or two players in.

Hopefully that will help us avoid results like West Ham at home where we were extremely easy to play against

I put the squad down a page or two ago...

If we punted all those players we would need:

2×RB
3×CB
1×CF

We'd then hit the same numbers Brands said he wanted.

The GK backup would be Olsen and we could perhaps go with 1 RB as Holgate and Godfrey can both play there.

But basically 5 or 6 players.

If we dont sell them then apart from Gomes/Davies/Kean theyre all gone for frees within 18months.
Those 6 players, including Olsen who is only on loan, will set us back £150m. That is possibly doable within 18 months, which gives us 4 transfer windows including this one.

We may actually need a slightly bigger squad then assuming Carlo is still here and we have Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.