Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sigh. Page 14.

Damon. MON is not going toTribunal it was resolved last week.

Stephen Ireland has not been released.

P.S. Apologise for spelling. Laptop broken. On phone + cant seem to quote people

Your right. Villa lose £30m a season.

But as you say everton could recoup their £6m debt by increasing stadium by 5000 and increasing tickets by £2. We can recoup 8m by getting back to 09/10's attendance and increasinv tickets be a few ££. Having a better season than this wont be hard and with our supposed summer should be much easier than (not having a dig here) you guys increasing your capacity. Simply because we have a squad capable of a better season than this. Everton would find it harder to find money to increase capacity or add to the ground (annex?)

The other £22m. We can reduce our wage bill by something like £17m this summer by sellong players most fans dont want and replacing them witg better quality AND lower wages. We have a lot of dross on high wages. Looking at spurs. We can get better players on better wages. Without replacements the wage bill is set to halve to 40m.

So thats £25m of that 30m debt. And suddenly we are in (in Uefas eyes , just for 15/16 instead of 14/15) suitable financial situation to compete inEurope.

On Midlands news this morning, speculating its something to do with his test results .. both parties have apparently agreed its in everyone's best interest if he goes

Hearing the same too, but officially, the decision will be based purely on the medical and BBC say decision will be made in next 48 hours. If he goes, I still think it would be a sideways move for Moyes if he went to Aston Villa. He'd also have to accept the same financial constraints which forced Martin O'Neil to walk out.

But as you say everton could recoup their £6m debt by increasing stadium by 5000 and increasing tickets by £2. We can recoup 8m by getting back to 09/10's attendance and increasinv tickets be a few ££. Having a better season than this wont be hard and with our supposed summer should be much easier than (not having a dig here) you guys increasing your capacity. Simply because we have a squad capable of a better season than this. Everton would find it harder to find money to increase capacity or add to the ground (annex?)

The other £22m. We can reduce our wage bill by something like £17m this summer by sellong players most fans dont want and replacing them witg better quality AND lower wages. We have a lot of dross on high wages. Looking at spurs. We can get better players on better wages. Without replacements the wage bill is set to halve to 40m.

So thats £25m of that 30m debt. And suddenly we are in (in Uefas eyes , just for 15/16 instead of 14/15) suitable financial situation to compete inEurope.

I'm laughing at this.

You can't even fill Villa park now. And unlike us you don't have the issue of restricted views. Every time I've been to Villa park its never full.

Good luck trying to sign these "better players" on lower wages, given that you could have done this three years ago and not gone £140million into debt!

Its laughable that it's taken someone from another club to get you to acknowledge that you have SERIOUS financial problems.

Not only that the idea that you could swoop in and grab Moyes is also LAUGHABLE.

You're SKINT. Broke. Whatever term you want.

More so than we are!

You can't deny that - since you've said "replacing them witg better quality AND lower wages"

Thats dressing up the issue - that Villa are SKINT.

Oh and as for it "being harder for us to find investment" that's purely down to what Kenwright et al are asking for.

I know for a fact there have been inquiries and it's not so that difficult. Especially with developments in the city of Liverpool and the local economy in the medium/long term.

So. I'll say it once and I'll say it again. Forget Moyes. And Villa fans can forget looking down their nose at us too.

You're skint.

Last edited:
Damon. Im stillreading page13. But NRC was on 30k a week and he ran out of contract. We didnt cancel his contract.

Laughable your basing all your argument on knowing our financials. Yet you double the players wages and imagine longer contracts.

Sigh. Page 14.

Damon. MON is not going toTribunal it was resolved last week.

Stephen Ireland has not been released.

P.S. Apologise for spelling. Laptop broken. On phone + cant seem to quote people

Good posts mate, thanks for the details on that. It's refreshing when someone who actually knows what's going on beyond the headline figures speaks up and gives us the strength of the situation. Otherwise, we're left with amateurish attempts that tend to mislead. Cheers.

Whats going on in this thread. Can someone sum up for me. Too lazy to go back through it. I can we have been invade by the deans

Good posts mate, thanks for the details on that. It's refreshing when someone who actually knows what's going on beyond the headline figures speaks up and gives us the strength of the situation. Otherwise, we're left with amateurish attempts that tend to mislead. Cheers.

Mislead? What like your "Everton are going into administration" posts in Feburary ?

Giving us all the exclusive scoop there were we Dave ?

Un be lievable Dave. Its almost like you support anyone but Everton at times

Oh and Shoody. NRC even on 30k (yeah right!) A week that's still cost you £18million in 4 years net.

Regarding Ireland doesn't he have a serious anterior cruciate injury? Good luck raising anything there!

Oh and as for Everton's profitability.

Because we don't have the massive cost base, that you do its far easier to improve everton's profitability than it is for you. Even doing your suggestions leaves you a net 5million loss each season.

That's only just under our loss now.

By the time you bring your costs under contol you'll be hitting 200million in debts. With no sign you'll ever look like paying it back!

Must admit i am concerned Moyes may go to Villa. Wouldn't blame him as he has done a brilliant job here but can we progress further with no money, he may get lots more at Villa and they already have a decent squad to build on.

Oh and Shoody. NRC even on 30k (yeah right!) A week that's still cost you £18million in 4 years net.

Regarding Ireland doesn't he have a serious anterior cruciate injury? Good luck raising anything there!

Oh and as for Everton's profitability.

Because we don't have the massive cost base, that you do its far easier to improve everton's profitability than it is for you. Even doing your suggestions leaves you a net 5million loss each season.

That's only just under our loss now.

By the time you bring your costs under contol you'll be hitting 200million in debts. With no sign you'll ever look like paying it back!

You have the floor Damon. Tell us all how Everton are going to run at a profit - besides taking Kenwright's £250k per month scouting fees off him. Lol!

You have the floor Damon. Tell us all how Everton are going to run at a profit - besides taking Kenwright's £250k per month scouting fees off him. Lol!

There's at least 10 pages of me explaining that on GOT.

Rather than you begin accusing me of rewriting it again. Go and read it. You certainly will learn a thing or two.

You should go support Villa Davek. Its obvious they're in your heart far more than Everton seem to be!

Not only that. But your love of Lerner's clouding your head too!

21 pages, incredible.to tell us what? moyes will not go to villa because they have less money than us, sorry but its all bulls##t. i dont care about any other teams finances, but what shines through, despite what the differing sides spout, is this. in the short time lerner has been at villa, he has put more into the club than kenwright, earl and green combined. just because the manager has wasted it is beside the point. we have a manager who has proved he can build a team on almost nothing, yet the antagonists in this debate talk more about finances instead of missed opportunity. and some of these same people have previously defended this board. weird and disgusting are words that spring to mind.

21 pages, incredible.to tell us what? moyes will not go to villa because they have less money than us, sorry but its all bulls##t. i dont care about any other teams finances, but what shines through, despite what the differing sides spout, is this. in the short time lerner has been at villa, he has put more into the club than kenwright, earl and green combined. just because the manager has wasted it is beside the point. we have a manager who has proved he can build a team on almost nothing, yet the antagonists in this debate talk more about finances instead of missed opportunity. and some of these same people have previously defended this board. weird and disgusting are words that spring to mind.

21 pages and you still didn't get the point.

LERNER HAS NOT GIVEN THEM THE MONEY. HE'S LOANED THEM THE MONEY!

ITS DEBT!

A debt that's about £140 million now.

Status
Not open for further replies.