Moyes linked with Villa and Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok! all i will say is lets wait and see! i reckon will villa spend piles more than us in the summer and i reckon if they get into europe they wil be aloud in!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/aston_villa/9410582.stm

Oh yeah. When they're announcing they must "trim the wage bill".... :huh:

Aston Villa are looking to reduce their wage bill after revealing losses of £37.6m for the year ending 31 May 2010.
Wages at the club increased by £9m to almost £80m and now account for 88% of Villa's £90m turnover, which actually increased last season by £6m.
"We probably need to have a better balance between the salary [wage bill] and the turnover of the club," said manager Gerard Houllier.
"It won't be done overnight - it will be done gradually."
Villa generated £52m from television revenue, while matchday turnover was £24m and commercial income £14.4m.
The rise in turnover lifted Villa into Europe's top 20 earning clubs for the first time, while the loss last season was £9m less than the previous campaign.

What part of this do you not understand?

They think they're making progress because they've reduced a net loss by £9million

Whilst still losing £37million FFS!!!!

I've mentioned before that lerner and oneil took a team finishing around 17th up to top 6 in a few years, rehauled and rebuilt a squad.

Problem being was, just like citeh, they gambled on getting champos league but they never got it.

Now, he's trying to sort the club out. It's also why the Moyes rumours are starting. Get him in, make do with what he's given until things are at a servicable level before reinvesting. Which maybe the point to it. Unlike our board, if Moyes steadied the ship at villa, give that a season or 2 lerner would reward him with a transfer fund. We don't.

I've always said, financials aside, the minute Moyes is allowed to listen to what lerner has to say if it ever happened it'd mean Moyes is fed up with our board. All lerner would do is promise him a few things he wants and he'd be gone.

Personally I'm not comfortable in totally dismissing Moyes leaving as much as some people. He's so restrained here its unreal. He gets reassuring promises from villa or even sunderland for eg, hell ne gone

Your arguments Neiler's already completely discredited.

Yeah. Lerner's going to fund a massive spending spree with Moyes, when he's been telling Houllier he must "cut the wage bill"

:huh: CLUELESS

villa net debt £110m by last accounts but sod it we will add £30m!!! pay £5m in interest a year!!

everton £45m in debt but by your adding £30m its £75m and we pay £4m a year interest!!

so who is looking worse off here?

so why is this?

is it cuz its all lerners debt and not charging intersest? (as he knows the real value)

or from a bank but they are a better credit rating i.e more collateral?

so who is looking better?

You know nothing about Aston Villa and this Villa fan has underlined the fact. Thank goodness he's arrived to cut through the amateur sleuthing of you and the other feller.

By the way: Bill Kenwright and his £250,000 per month scouting fees - I want your proof right now.

Can't wait to see who arrives to cut through your "amateur sleuthing."

With all due respect Dave, if you were to show up on a Villa board, I'd shudder to think that the Villa supporters would consider you the voice of reason when it came to matters Everton.

So I certainly wouldn't give this Villa supporter anymore than some of our own. I'm not saying he's wrong. I'm saying that his opinion is like everyone else's.

Your arguments Neiler's already completely discredited.

Yeah. Lerner's going to fund a massive spending spree with Moyes, when he's been telling Houllier he must "cut the wage bill"

:huh: CLUELESS

He ain't done ****, and you ain't done **** on the back of my post apart from dodge questions to make it look like you know something, and stand behind neiler who's a better poster than you as he actually answers questions directly rather than copy and paste the same **** that irrelevent most the time.

I honestly believe you don't read anyone's post. All you do is scan over them, change the content to suit your arguement and dodge things you don't like.

You've been dodging bullets better than neo, mate.

Copy paste copy paste.

Transfers for £5million or more.

Everton:

Bilyaletdinov, Heitinga, Fellaini, Yakubu, Baines, Lescott, Johnson, Kroldrup, Beattie, Barmby, Kanchelskis = 11 players, £83.6 million.

Aston Villa:

Ireland, Bent, Downing, Delph, Warnock, Collins, Dunne, Davies, Sidwell, L Young, Cuellar, Milner, Reo-Coker, Petrov, A. Young, Baros, Mellberg, Balaban, Crouch, Alpay, Angel, Merson, Dublin, Stone, Collymore = 25 players, £229.85 million.

Total spending since 1992.

Everton: £218,245,500 gross. £52,975,500 net. £2,788,184 net per season.
Aston Villa: £281,740,000 gross. £137,415,000 net. £7,232,368 net per season.

Total spending since 2003.

Everton: £106,050,500 gross. £22,950,500 net. £2,868,813 net per season.
Aston Villa: £167,700,000 gross. £94,075,000 net. £11,759,375 net per season.

Total spending since 2003.

Everton: £64,750,500 gross. £16,500,500 net. £3,300,100 net per season.
Aston Villa: £145,350,000 gross. £77,700,000 net. £15,540,000 net per season.

Total spending since O'Neill left this summer.

Everton: £1,500,000 gross. -£1,700,000 net.
Aston Villa: £26,000,000 gross. -£6,500,000 net.

Wage bills current.

Everton: £54m, 69% of turnover.
Aston Villa: £80m, 88% of turnover.

On Midlands news this morning, speculating its something to do with his test results .. both parties have apparently agreed its in everyone's best interest if he goes

Damon. Im stillreading page13. But NRC was on 30k a week and he ran out of contract. We didnt cancel his contract.

Laughable your basing all your argument on knowing our financials. Yet you double the players wages and imagine longer contracts.

Status
Not open for further replies.