2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
He showed exactly what we already knew. He's quite a good finisher from close range and took the goal nicely, and finished the marginal offside call well too. But he's very immobile and didn't give us an outlet to push up the field. He didn't link the play anywhere near as well as DCL can. We struggled to get up the field because he didn't win any of the 50:50 long balls we pumped forward.

He doesn't have the right qualities to play in our system and I don't think he will ever suit playing in the premier league.

Congratulations.

You've won the @GrandOldTeam post of the day award.

Bullshit. It's xenophobia for starters, not racism - "Turk" isn't a race. Second, context matters, and the context of that post was the last line was a throwaway joke, especially in light of other recent posts I've made which have included an Austin Powers "Dutch" parody.

As said, I don't blame the moderators on paper, I recognise on a surface level the post could be deemed offensive. But any degree of common sense whatsoever would have led to a different outcome.

I'm not taking lessons from a randomer with no sense of humour or brain, after a decade of contributing on here. "Racism" is a term that should retain it's accusatory strength and not be thrown around by fools.

@Groucho, @AndyC, someone, ban my account.
I think this outcome is best for all involved.

Bullshit. It's xenophobia for starters, not racism - "Turk" isn't a race. Second, context matters, and the context of that post was the last line was a throwaway joke, especially in light of other recent posts I've made which have included an Austin Powers "Dutch" parody.

As said, I don't blame the moderators on paper, I recognise on a surface level the post could be deemed offensive. But any degree of common sense whatsoever would have led to a different outcome.

I'm not taking lessons from a randomer with no sense of humour or brain, after a decade of contributing on here. "Racism" is a term that should retain it's accusatory strength and not be thrown around by fools.

@Groucho, @AndyC, someone, ban my account.

Sounds like something a racist would say.

He showed exactly what we already knew. He's quite a good finisher from close range and took the goal nicely, and finished the marginal offside call well too. But he's very immobile and didn't give us an outlet to push up the field. He didn't link the play anywhere near as well as DCL can. We struggled to get up the field because he didn't win any of the 50:50 long balls we pumped forward.

He doesn't have the right qualities to play in our system and I don't think he will ever suit playing in the premier league.

Spot on.

Unfortunately due to a decision from the recruitment and management team, he's what we have currently.

Not that they haven't actively tried to move him on, but they let Kean go and didn't bring anyone in because they thought Tosun could 'do a job'.

A stupid risk, but is what it is.

Spot on.

Unfortunately due to a decision from the recruitment and management team, he's what we have currently.

Not that they haven't actively tried to move him on, but they let Kean go and didn't bring anyone in because they thought Tosun could 'do a job'.

A stupid risk, but is what it is.

Think its more like he was injured so we couldnt sell in summer.

Also Kean wanted game time.

We also have Richarlison who can switch to CF.

Cant keep signing forwards until we move players on.

He can finish but having zero mobility or positional sense makes him utterly pointless in the PL so there is no point persisting with him even as a bit part player

Think its more like he was injured so we couldnt sell in summer.

Also Kean wanted game time.

We also have Richarlison who can switch to CF.

Cant keep signing forwards until we move players on.

You're absolutely right Zat.

However, we made the decision to allow Kean to leave (fine) when we already needed another forward.

The plan was to let Richarlison play at CF if needed, but it was taking a huge gamble on Richarlison not getting injured or suspended or contracting covid (all of which were possibilities) or, just as we've seen not happen, keeping his form.

Same goes for DCL.

Of all the seasons not to take that gamble, this one was it. I said as much at the time and stand by it.

He can finish but that's it, would maybe be better playing for a club who play 2 up top? someone to do the hard work for him and he can just slot it home?. I Don't think his rubbish but doesn't work for him in our system.

If you think I'm a racist, can you directly say it please?

If not, sound, but just clear up any confusion and say whether you think I am or not.

Ta.

You're falling into a 'trap' here mate. Stav is attempting some satire, IMO - like here.

You post this;

His denial would have more authenticity if he wasn't already proven to be a fascist after his Erdogan salute.

Should have been sacked then.

Plus he's Turkish, so sack him regardless.

As I've demonstrated - there's a handful of dormant accounts on here who only use the site for Cenk Tosun. They don't support Everton, they sneer at Everton and blame Everton for Cenk Tosun's struggles.

They're currently active due to Cenk Tosun's current relevance (goal/celebration) and one in this thread is a Turkish Erdogan fanatic using outrage culture to protect actual fascism.

Play the game better. Only one 'registered same day' account which is now banned reported your post. Others will now just do the GOT thing of poking the angry bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.