2020/21 Cenk Tosun

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is clearly racist.

Maybe take this as a chance to change your behaviour. If your going to walk the line between “joke” and racist don’t stomp your feet when you get called out.

I sure you’ve been around long enough to know that “jokes” on the internet don’t always come across that way

Bullshit. It's xenophobia for starters, not racism - "Turk" isn't a race. Second, context matters, and the context of that post was the last line was a throwaway joke, especially in light of other recent posts I've made which have included an Austin Powers "Dutch" parody.

As said, I don't blame the moderators on paper, I recognise on a surface level the post could be deemed offensive. But any degree of common sense whatsoever would have led to a different outcome.

I'm not taking lessons from a randomer with no sense of humour or brain, after a decade of contributing on here. "Racism" is a term that should retain it's accusatory strength and not be thrown around by fools.

@Groucho, @AndyC, someone, ban my account.

A racist/xenophobic/offensive joke is still racist/xenophobic/offensive just because it’s trying to hide behind the very thin veil of humour doesn’t change that. Your obviously willing to die on the hill of discrimination is ok so that’s up to you.

I don’t claim to be an expert I’m just someone who’s been trying to better myself. Hopefully if this doesn’t get through to you then someone else might read these posts and think better of it

The world is changing and if your going to stick with “ it’s ok because Austin Powers” did it then you will be left behind.

A racist/xenophobic/offensive joke is still racist/xenophobic/offensive just because it’s trying to hide behind the very thin veil of humour doesn’t change that. Your obviously willing to die on the hill of discrimination is ok so that’s up to you.

I don’t claim to be an expert I’m just someone who’s been trying to better myself. Hopefully if this doesn’t get through to you then someone else might read these posts and think better of it

The world is changing and if your going to stick with “ it’s ok because Austin Powers” did it then you will be left behind.

lollollollollol

Good for you, give yourself a pat on the back. You're a hero!

I'll be crystal clear; anyone who was offended by that post on a surface level, then I'm genuinely sorry. But anyone who continues to be offended after being given an understanding of the context of it, like you, can go [Poor language removed] right off, as you're a humourless idiot.

Because that really is akin to a Dutch person being offended by the Dutch joke in Austin Powers. Thankfully, you're still in the minority, but you really are everything wrong with this world these days.

Bullshit. It's xenophobia for starters, not racism - "Turk" isn't a race. Second, context matters, and the context of that post was the last line was a throwaway joke, especially in light of other recent posts I've made which have included an Austin Powers "Dutch" parody.

As said, I don't blame the moderators on paper, I recognise on a surface level the post could be deemed offensive. But any degree of common sense whatsoever would have led to a different outcome.

I'm not taking lessons from a randomer with no sense of humour or brain, after a decade of contributing on here. "Racism" is a term that should retain it's accusatory strength and not be thrown around by fools.

@Groucho, @AndyC, someone, ban my account.

Ignore the perpetually offended mate.

Moderators, 99/100 see the wider context. We also need to be careful we don't allow the perpetually offended the 1/1000 who like to show how morally superior they are by getting offended to dictate moderating.

If we thought you was racist, you'd not be allowed the courtesy to leave. You'd of course be banned.

The dude who reported your post registered the same day, and was also banned the same day after showing their true antagonistic colours.

Now let's get back on topic.

Cenk Tosun, IMO, isn't good enough to play a part at Everton. He'd suit some clubs, but he's just a James Beattie type player.

Get on it Mr Brands. SELL, SELL, SELL.

Ignore the perpetually offended mate.

Moderators, 99/100 see the wider context. We also need to be careful we don't allow the perpetually offended the 1/1000 who like to show how morally superior they are by getting offended to dictate moderating.

If we thought you was racist, you'd not be allowed the courtesy to leave. You'd of course be banned.

The dude who reported your post registered the same day, and was also banned the same day after showing their true antagonistic colours.

Now let's get back on topic.

Cenk Tosun, IMO, isn't good enough to play a part at Everton. He'd suit some clubs, but he's just a James Beattie type player.

Get on it Mr Brands. SELL, SELL, SELL.
Plus he's Turkish, so sack him regardless.

So you don't think this is racist???

anyone think he was our best player by the way

In the ratings at the bottom here only Doucoure outperformed him;

Status
Not open for further replies.