Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn't have done, we'd have forced the Premier League to make the call.

Like when a player is injured, you play on til the ref stops the game. The Premier League is the referee here - we haven't been ruthless enough, the game should have been forfeited.
Not going to happen. Precendent has been established when Newcastle's games were postponed instead of forfeited during November(?).
What might happen is City give up the match due to fixture congestion later.

Wednesday night: Liverpool stunned by the geordies. It’s written in the wind, or is that just my turkey farts?

Yes but Denver had one positive test and other close contacts. When teams had outbreaks they postponed too.

If it were just Jesus and Walker positive and then a few other guys deemed high risk I have no doubt they'd play tonight with who was left, but more people tested positive and with no real idea who else might have it and not be showing it yet it is just too unsafe to have a match tonight.

Forfeiting is bad option for everyone.

That'd be the case if Jesus and Walker had only shown positive. Or just one of them.

Of course but you're forgetting their squad would have been significantly more depleted than ours if it went ahead tonight.

There's a reason they sought a postponement.

Hence why I fear Everton have bent over on this. They should have forced the Premier League to make the call.

"We don't agree, we want to play, adjudicate it."

Yeah, we could insist they stay 2 metres away at corners.
Droplet spread so unless someone coughs on you or wipes their nose on your hand the two metres is a double precaution. Watching players hugging each other in the last half a dozen games (at least) means it might be risky given how dopey professional footballers are...anyway more interested in your inclusion of Gomes :)

Of course but you're forgetting their squad would have been significantly more depleted than ours if it went ahead tonight.

There's a reason they sought a postponement.
Yeah they were missing two players to covid and match still on and more tested positive, could be more and it could spread to the team and carlos. Safely first

Bloody hell. Probably the best result we could’ve hoped for this.
2nd best surely .. Everton win would be 1st
Heaven knows why your laughing.

We have been denied a chance to go joint top of the league. I felt we could have beaten city without covid but with players missing then great.

Being one of the lucky 2000 might also have something to do with my annoyance.
Thats bad luck mate. I'd be gutted!

I wonder if we are all still under restrictions when its played will todays 2000 still get the tickets or will it go to another ballot? .. not asking you to answer obviously ... just thinking out loud

Status
Not open for further replies.