Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lets hope this is tactical by Everton as well - in that if we get a few players testing positive at once we can say the the PL "we were flexible in having the City game postponed so expect the same treatment".

Had we kicked up a fuss it might have backfired on us down the line if we end up with an outbreak.
I don't think City has faked the positives. Are you suggesting we purposefully give people COVID? Not sure that's a good plan mate.

The two worst outbreaks were both punished similarly to people not wearing masks because they determined that the teams didn't do anything abnormally irresponsible. My guess is same thing here.

They also forced the Broncos to play with literally no quarterback. I’d put good money down this is from a few city players acting irresponsibly.

Another manager of the month award for Magnifico?
Has to be. We got the most wins and considering the fixtures. All other teams including liverpool have dropped points all over the gaf.

Reactions: kev
That was only because they ran out of time to shoehorn in the game.

In this situation, they have 4 months plus to figure out a way to get the game in. Other NFL games were rescheduled or pushed back, which is what will happen here
make them play their u15s

Heaven knows why your laughing.

We have been denied a chance to go joint top of the league. I felt we could have beaten city without covid but with players missing then great.

Being one of the lucky 2000 might also have something to do with my annoyance.
The game will still be played, and in the rare event it isn't we'd get the forfeit 3 points. Probably benefits us given we have had 1 day's rest and a bunch of our best players out.

Heaven knows why your laughing.

We have been denied a chance to go joint top of the league. I felt we could have beaten city without covid but with players missing then great.

Being one of the lucky 2000 might also have something to do with my annoyance.
There is no joint top of the league: unless we could swing goal difference, we’d have been second.

Still, it comes down to the safety of the players and staff and that must be the priority, always, even if City are advantaged by it.

We’re better than the perception I’m seeing all over Instagram. We should not be asking for 3 points because of this pandemic. If we go on to challenge for Europe I would prefer we done it honestly and with integrity by playing all 38 games no matter the opposition.

This postponement has come at a good time for our Squad, we looked tired and with a number of key players out of our squad through injury I would rather face City with the likes of Allan, James and Richarlison.

On to the next match, UTFT.

Null and void the season - now that really will get the victims in a tizzy!!

Just like last season, this one doesn't really count either.

It's just coincidentally unfortunate that Liverpool will win both years really - even if we somehow "did a Leicester" and won the league this year, the reality is an asterisk is in the record books for both.

Status
Not open for further replies.