Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

TheBigIguana

Player Valuation: £70m
That'd be the case if Jesus and Walker had only shown positive. Or just one of them.
To an extent. But if one or even two positives show up and then the next round or two of testing is all negative you can reasonably assume it is contained. If you get x number of positives the next round the opposite assumption has to be made until negatives do start to be the norm again. So it is possible for City to be ready to go for this weekend if they can contain it, but that can't happen today.

tnc85

Player Valuation: £2.5m
Need to rest most of the team but most importantly Dom and Doucoure, our two most important players

Olsen
Coleman Godfrey Branthwaite Nkounkou
Davies
Kenny Gomes Bernard Gordon
Simms

most likely Tosun over Simms

take a boring draw here, would be a missive point !
I guess we’ll never know. I could have been onto something haha

MikelsGoat

Player Valuation: £100m
Droplet spread so unless someone coughs on you or wipes their nose on your hand the two metres is a double precaution. Watching players hugging each other in the last half a dozen games (at least) means it might be risky given how dopey professional footballers are...anyway more interested in your inclusion of Gomes :)
Your talking about players who cough, spit and blow their noses on the pitch, not to mention players who breathe quite heavy after 60minutes.

Theres zero chance of social distancing on a football pitch mate.

Gomes hasn't played much recently, he would have been fresh.

Lee Smith

Player Valuation: £20m
Not going to happen. Precendent has been established when Newcastle's games were postponed instead of forfeited during November(?).
What might happen is City give up the match due to fixture congestion later.
Just imagine the scenes if City do
give us the fixture at the rear end of the season, and those 3 points see us pip the RS to the title...

Gerbs

Player Valuation: £8m
Yes but Denver had one positive test and other close contacts. When teams had outbreaks they postponed too.

If it were just Jesus and Walker positive and then a few other guys deemed high risk I have no doubt they'd play tonight with who was left, but more people tested positive and with no real idea who else might have it and not be showing it yet it is just too unsafe to have a match tonight.

Forfeiting is bad option for everyone.

That’s a fair point. I’m just frustrated Bc I’m betting some of the city players are still Kyle walkering it and Everton is paying the price.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Registration is simple and free. Get involved.

Everton Mishmash
Check It Out!
Support GOT
With A Subscription
Goodison Park Print
Order Now
Holy Trinity
Order Now
Legends of Goodison Park
Order Now!
Shop with Amazon
+ Support GrandOldTeam
Everton Shirts
Order Now
Everton Mishmash Jigsaw
Order Now
Match Day Print
ORDER NOW
AdBlock Detected

Adblocking on an Everton fan site is kopite behaviour! ;)

We understand and appreciate why you use Ad-blocking software, but we ask that you kindly consider disabling your Ad-block for GrandOldTeam. We're a fan site ran by fans, for fans. GrandOldTeam costs over £7,000 per year and we rely on our ad revenue to keep the site sustainable. We work hard to ensure our ads aren't instrusive. If you can't or don't wish to disable your Ad-block, please consider upgrading your account for the cost of a pint a month here. Thank You.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks