Match Thread POSTPONED: Everton v Manchester City - Preview only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Of course but you're forgetting their squad would have been significantly more depleted than ours if it went ahead tonight.

There's a reason they sought a postponement.

Of course it'd have been better to play City's U23s tonight, but there's no way on earth City were going to let that happen. There's also no way they'd have done this if they weren't certain they could simply rearrange the game, which they will. It's inevitable. Whether it's right is another question, but it will have no bearing on anything, because City will have their way. We were either playing a strong-ish City side tonight (and very likely taking a beating) or it was getting postponed and I'm pretty delighted it's the latter.

Your talking about players who cough, spit and blow their noses on the pitch, not to mention players who breathe quite heavy after 60minutes.

Theres zero chance of social distancing on a football pitch mate.

Gomes hasn't played much recently, he would have been fresh.
My thoughts were more they have an under 23 side that I doubt train or mix with the Prem squad.... anyway Gomes? :)

In consultation with both teams, meaning they have nothing in the rules but have discretionarily did it as long as all agreed.

We shouldn't have agreed. Shoe on other foot and I'm certain the likes of City and Liverpool would have been ruthless.
We clearly dont want a potentially disease-ridden group of people mixing with our players and staff.

Imagine if slaphead gave it to Carlo?

That’s a fair point. I’m just frustrated Bc I’m betting some of the city players are still Kyle walkering it and Everton is paying the price.
I just can't go straight to that because of the nature of the COVID situation currently. It just doesn't require any bad behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.