Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny how things change, a short while ago I looked forward to games with a bit of confidence, now an away trip to Burnley is a big game. We are back to where we have been for quite a while, dreading games like this. Back to telling ourselves it is only a football match, getting beaten doesn’t really matter that much in the grand scheme of life. Back to limited expectations and setting the bar low; this year we can improve we can be top of the bottom half. COYB.

A load of negative nonsense in here. We beat Fulham away and would have been cruising if we hadn’t of stepped off it in the second half. We’ve beaten Palace and Spurs away who are both better than Burnley. Of course we can lose the game but we can easily win it as well. If we put in a decent performance anywhere near our top level we win this.

Just pick the available full backs Carlo and try keep as much as the same system and team as it was at the start. If we lose we lose but we lose without wondering why.

...as proved at Fulham, Digne is such a key attacking option and ‘out ball’ for Rodriguez that he’ll be a big miss over the next few months.

Ancelotti has failed to find a system which makes us difficult to break down whilst still exploiting our threat in the top third. For me, we look much better when we get the ball forward quickly and play with tempo. If Ancelotti can make us difficult to break down we carry genuine threat, he has to address that balance.

...as proved at Fulham, Digne is such a key attacking option and ‘out ball’ for Rodriguez that he’ll be a big miss over the next few months.

Ancelotti has failed to find a system which makes us difficult to break down whilst still exploiting our threat in the top third. For me, we look much better when we get the ball forward quickly and play with tempo. If Ancelotti can make us difficult to break down we carry genuine threat, he has to address that balance.
Back to basics is needed. Tried to hard to accommodate average players in the wrong system. Get back to doing what we were start of the season bit not sure he trusts certain players to make this happen. Interesting one this Saturday now.

Crazy league this season points wise we are practically in a title race still. We only had to produce mediocre form in the last 6 games and we’d be near top of not top. If we can catch a bit of form now get players in jan and we can still achieve.

I am feeling so disheartened and dejected at the moment, I thought things were going to change for the better but we seem destined to be stuck ina rut for a while yet by the look of it.

I know it's early doors but it's crap how they have absolutely killed the joy of the first few games and I hate them for it.

Funny how things change, a short while ago I looked forward to games with a bit of confidence, now an away trip to Burnley is a big game. We are back to where we have been for quite a while, dreading games like this. Back to telling ourselves it is only a football match, getting beaten doesn’t really matter that much in the grand scheme of life. Back to limited expectations and setting the bar low; this year we can improve we can be top of the bottom half. COYB.
this augurs well as it means the pressure will be off our lionhearts to perform. Of course we are totally irrelevant in any competition, but at least our lionhearts should manage a few 3 pointers here and there

A load of negative nonsense in here. We beat Fulham away and would have been cruising if we hadn’t of stepped off it in the second half. We’ve beaten Palace and Spurs away who are both better than Burnley. Of course we can lose the game but we can easily win it as well. If we put in a decent performance anywhere near our top level we win this.
....ok mate

Status
Not open for further replies.