Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever the formation, let's take the fight to Burnley. At the seasons start we showed little respect for our oposition and played our own game. When doubt creeps in we appear to wait for the opponents to blink first and try to react. We are better than Burnley, let them worry about our players.

Whatever the formation, let's take the fight to Burnley. At the seasons start we showed little respect for our oposition and played our own game. When doubt creeps in we appear to wait for the opponents to blink first and try to react. We are better than Burnley, let them worry about our players.
Scary scenario is if we lose this match we could drop all the way to 15th place (we were really really top after five games) with a really testing December on the horizon. This could go horribly pear shaped if Carlo doesn't get his act together.

Scary scenario is if we lose this match we could drop all the way to 15th place (we were really really top after five games) with a really testing December on the horizon. This could go horribly pear shaped if Carlo doesn't get his act together.
Yep, there's not much in it either up or down. I really hope we don't approach this with fear as it's much less stressful watching the boys in the right half of the pitch where they have plenty of quality to pose threats.

I'd switch back to 4-3-3
Pickford did well against leeds so I'd stick with him.
Hopefully coleman is back, if so I'd go
Coleman, Keane, Holgate, Delph
In front of them, I'd go Doucoure, Allan, and Gomes. and then the usual 3 up front.
For me, the weak point there is Gomes but I'm not sure who you replace him with.
I don't think a winger should really play on the left in that midfield. It needs to be someone who can slot in if Allan or Doucoure goes forward and that's not Gomes either but I've gone for him because if you take out wingers (Iwobi, Gordon, Bernard) and attacking midfielders (sig) only Davies is left and a poor Gomes is better than Davies most of the time.
We're still desperately missing Digne's attacking play, Niels is an option at LB but I think we might need a bit of experience in that position to settle the back line and try for our second clean sheet of the season.
If we're struggling to create anything up front, I'd swap DCL for Gordon and push Richarlison to the 9 slot.

Punches the air with delight in the knowledge Spitty Carragher won't be doing the co commentary on this game.

Cries uncontrollably at the realisation that it'll probably be Steve 'fletch' McManamanamanamanamanaman instead.

Thank God it's Christmas (literally!). Yes, our lionhearts have disappointed on the togger pitch...but what's new there eh?. But Blue Chrimbo provides respite from the rancour about their uselessness...a nosegay to their effluvium. Blue Chrimbo!!...the lads can all don their blue fairy outfits...or is it elves?...hard to tell with our chocolate teapots....
And Mustard can release a video about how they're all pulling together for the new year... (we already suspected that Seamus)...
And how much fun will Blue Chrimbo be for the inmates of Merseyside's various work houses, orphanages and wet nursing homes when our lionhearts pop in for a visit? The cynic will say 'eff all"...and I tend to agree.

NSNO

mathematically we can not drop 9 places. I would think some teams below us play each other. Or play the top teams. Agree though we need 3 points or at least 1 point.

Status
Not open for further replies.