2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
no he didn’t, he played left back with Delph being the midfielder who filled in when he went forward, he had Gomes in front of him.

im not saying that he’s not going to be good, but all this hope pinned onto someone who wasn’t even supposed to be near the first team this year seems rather silly

He spent most of the game getting further forward with Delph filling in for him, he was effectively playing on the wing. He had Andre Gomes playing in front or next to him is it any wonder he didn’t excel? Plus the formation was completely out of sorts.

Prior to that Newcastle game he’s played with both Richarlison and Gordon in front of him in his cameos in the league cup and he’s impressed a lot. With West Ham at home he was clearly told not to venture to far forward and did his job professionally and was decent defensively.

If you’ve got a player who’s impressed in that position already this season who’s suited naturally to that position, why not play him instead of a player who has been consistently crap for us since he signed who doesn’t even play in that position anyways? It’s really not defendable unless the lad was injured.

Probably wont be, but who knows ,may have only been one of those 1 game things if True-IE a slight injury. we dont always say stuff in the open as we know,

What makes me think he wasn't injured is how quiet the club have been mate, surely they must have noticed that his omission was being questioned, so how hard could it be to just come out and say he was carrying an injury.

What makes me think he wasn't injured is how quiet the club have been mate, surely they must have noticed that his omission was being questioned, so how hard could it be to just come out and say he was carrying an injury.

Our club is strange, unless a member of the media ask about the players sometimes nothing is said. Was like at the start of the season when Iwobi seem awol and we only found out 2 weeks later that he’d been injured.

If he’s injured then someone at the club needs to come out and say it because it will cover the manager’s back. As you say, the silence just makes it look like he’s been dropped from the squad and is making Ancelotti look stupid for selecting Iwobi and Delph ahead of him in his natural position.

It’s possible Nkounkou has looked poor in training and that’s also a reason for his absence. I respect the manager knows a lot more about his squad than I (we) do. I just can’t see any justification for playing Alex Iwobi there ahead of him. Surely he’s not been that bad? Just a bizarre decision.

If he’s injured then someone at the club needs to come out and say it because it will cover the manager’s back. As you say, the silence just makes it look like he’s been dropped from the squad and is making Ancelotti look stupid for selecting Iwobi and Delph ahead of him in his natural position.

What is going to be interesting (if the lad wasn't injured) is if he starts against Burnley, he starts, then it makes it more baffling as to why he didn't start yesterday.

I can’t buy into the thought that because he’s been a manager for a long time that he doesn’t make some wrong decisions. He has clearly made the wrong decision on several occasions recently and it’s cost us. Consistently playing Sigurdsson, refusing to drop Pickford, refusing to have Gordon on the bench and now in my opinion refusing to play a left back at left back ahead of two poor midfielders have all been incorrect decisions and it’s been proven in the results and performances, don’t care how much experience he’s had in the game.

he does make wrong decisions, of course he does. But it’s his experience as to which we are relying on and the fact he has been here for less than a year and still has a massively unbalanced team. Nobody knows what’s going on at finch farm, what discussions are being had and the reasons for those decisions he takes.

He’s tried different formations, different partnerships in various positions. It’s a far cry from silva and his 4-2-3-1 week in week out.

Bad mistake by Ancelotti not to have him at least on the bench. If he wants Iwobi as a wing back he csn stick him back on the right hand side.

We need a natural left footer on that side and that was a tactical change that wasn't needed. He was definitely the master of his own downfall by tinkering with the balance more than he had to.
It might have been a gamble playing him in a back four but surely playing three at the back lessen the risk ,at least he would have added a balance pace and physicality to that side

Love the way he has to play for U23s to prove his worth (despite already impressing this season when called upon) yet dire no marks who have done nothing but let us down consistently can just walk in and take a place that should have been his in Dignes absence.
this

Status
Not open for further replies.