2020/21 Niels Nkounkou

Status
Not open for further replies.
He played Left Wing with Delph at left back. He didn’t have Richarlison in front of him it’s no surprise he didn’t excel tbf.

Dignes overlapping runs allow Richarlison to work his magic as much as Richarlison’s play allows Digne to do the same.

no he didn’t, he played left back with Delph being the midfielder who filled in when he went forward, he had Gomes in front of him.

im not saying that he’s not going to be good, but all this hope pinned onto someone who wasn’t even supposed to be near the first team this year seems rather silly

no he didn’t, he played left back with Delph being the midfielder who filled in when he went forward, he had Gomes in front of him.

im not saying that he’s not going to be good, but all this hope pinned onto someone who wasn’t even supposed to be near the first team this year seems rather silly
Why go with him as backup then if he isn't going to play?

Lads, the only PL game he played in he was clearly not up to the level. He was badly exposed

He looks like one for the future, most definitely.

Exactly. We are not judging a player after one game are we, surely. He is the only other left back we have in the squad, whether you think he’s ready or not he should be playing at left back ahead of Delph who has never been ready to play left back in the Premier League.

Exactly. We are not judging a player after one game are we, surely. He is the only other left back we have in the squad, whether you think he’s ready or not he should be playing at left back ahead of Delph who has never been ready to play left back in the Premier League.

no mate, thought he played great in the cup games but was badly exposed at Newcastle

But I’m of the opinion that a world renowned, experienced manager who has been the game for 40 years knows far more about players than any of us can ever dream of.

So what he sees on the training pitch, the discussion he has with his players and the reasons for them playing or not playing are made through his knowledge.

And if that means that against Burnley he hands Niels a start, then so be it. If he doesn’t, then that’s perfectly fine with me

no mate, thought he played great in the cup games but was badly exposed at Newcastle

But I’m of the opinion that a world renowned, experienced manager who has been the game for 40 years knows far more about players than any of us can ever dream of.

So what he sees on the training pitch, the discussion he has with his players and the reasons for them playing or not playing are made through his knowledge.

And if that means that against Burnley he hands Niels a start, then so be it. If he doesn’t, then that’s perfectly fine with me

I can’t buy into the thought that because he’s been a manager for a long time that he doesn’t make some wrong decisions. He has clearly made the wrong decision on several occasions recently and it’s cost us. Consistently playing Sigurdsson, refusing to drop Pickford, refusing to have Gordon on the bench and now in my opinion refusing to play a left back at left back ahead of two poor midfielders have all been incorrect decisions and it’s been proven in the results and performances, don’t care how much experience he’s had in the game.

Badly exposed how?

He was subbed off when it was only 1-0, the goal came from a pen after a mistake from an "experienced" player

Status
Not open for further replies.