Match Thread Burnley v Everton (Saturday 5 December 12:30)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lineup largely picks itself, if you have any regard for injuries and the logic of actually playing players in positions where their careers to date suggest they may have a chance of succeeding.

Pickford
Holgate, Keane, Godfrey
Iwobi, Doucoure, Allan, Nkounkou
Rodriguez
DCL, Richarlison​

Last edited:
Whatever he does, he needs to find a formula and sharpish. We need to keep in touching distance with the European spots so can't afford to go on another crap run as things stand.
4 points out of 18 stands that we are IN a crap run atm.

Just play people where they are meant to be. If you want to stick with 3 at the back, keep Iwobi on the right as it keeps him wide and have Nkounkou on the left ffs.

We won't win this game.

They'll work well harder then we will. Probably put out the same team, maybe mina for Godfrey because of Burnley's long ball style.

Zzzzzzz who's even arsed footy is [Poor language removed] now anyway

We won't win this game.

They'll work well harder then we will. Probably put out the same team, maybe mina for Godfrey because of Burnley's long ball style.

Zzzzzzz who's even arsed footy is [Poor language removed] now anyway

I was looking at Burnley's starting 11 against Man City, they are an aging team, about 5 of those that started were 30+, if they outwork/outrun us then it's over for us.

Going from football purist Marcelo Bielsa’s Leeds side to “I drink gravy through a straw and play like it’s 1887” Sean Dyche’s minute 1 timewasting Burnley side is honestly like playing a different sport.

Seems like a lot of the problem is how to accommodate James whilst remaining defensively solid. I’d be tempted to simplify and play him as a 10 in a 4-4-1-1 with better defending down the flanks.

Would mean Richarlison playing left mid (Iwobi right) and sacrificing some of his attacking, but I think we need to bed-in for a few matches and work our way back to form.

Status
Not open for further replies.