2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hopefully revert back to a 4-3-3 and give him the LCM spot, left hand side of Rich, Allan & Nkounkou.
Just need one of Delph, Davies, Gomes, Godfrey, Holgate or Gbamin to be serviceable as the back four shielder (I don’t have high hopes)

He really is a class act, I think his quality has stood out since we signed him. Unfortunately he has to take too much on himself because he has the, so far, distinctly average, Doukoure and one of Siggy, Gomes, Delph or Davis as a partner. We’ve spent lots of money, but, as per usual, we need to spend more, or try Godfrey or Holgate as the sitting midfielder and get Allan on the ball more.

He really is a class act, I think his quality has stood out since we signed him. Unfortunately he has to take too much on himself because he has the, so far, distinctly average, Doukoure and one of Siggy, Gomes, Delph or Davis as a partner. We’ve spent lots of money, but, as per usual, we need to spend more, or try Godfrey or Holgate as the sitting midfielder and get Allan on the ball more.

Like most clubs not every signing will come off. Allan had technically very good players around him at napoli. We might need another window to try and get more of that in around him.
Everyone knew the job at Everton was a huge task of clearing out a lot of dead wood.
Not sure why so many are hitting the panic button. I think we still need to clear out 7 or 8.

Get him in a box-to-box role in a 4-3-3. Same with Doucoure.

If that means Gomes playing the sitting role, fine. Honestly, I think that's the best place for him. Let him see more of the ball and build our moves from deep.

Simplify things and get back to what was working well.

That means 4-3-3. Actual FBs at full-back, not two average midfield players as wing-backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.