2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manager in charge of the footballing side - coaching and deciding who comes in and who goes. We had that until Moshiri came in and it served us well enough.
That’s now antiquated in the modern game, almost every club has someone in charge of the transfer side as managers have enough to do

That’s now antiquated in the modern game, almost every club has someone in charge of the transfer side as managers have enough to do

Its not the commercial side of deals we're talking about. Its the targeting and planning side of the recruitment. Of course CA won't want to sit with a calculator thrashing out the numbers for a deal, but he knows a good footballer a heck of a lot better than Brands.

Brands signings are now holding us back in the same manner Walsh signings did. There is no justification for him to be given another contract.

Its not the commercial side of deals we're talking about. Its the targeting and planning side of the recruitment. Of course CA won't want to sit with a calculator thrashing out the numbers for a deal, but he knows a good footballer a heck of a lot better than Brands.

Brands signings are now holding us back in the same manner Walsh signings did. There is no justification for him to be given another contract.
I don’t feel he should either but it’d be a massive step backwards going to the old ways when clubs around us move forwards

Ancelotti is advocating giving him a new deal. He will 100% get another three years.

Hopefully the united rumours have credence and they are stupid enough to be reeled in by his photo shoots like we were.
The utd links sound like a plant by brands to make out he’s sought after so he can secure an extension with us.

Surely no-one at Utd is looking at his body of work here and thinking he’ll be an upgrade for them

What exactly is our culture?

Promoting people to jobs they don’t have the credentials for.... then seeing they don’t have the credentials and still allowing them to carry on.

We are run like a boys club, jobs for mates.

Moshiri can’t be faulted for his effort in terms of capital input but he can be for trusting certain individuals to carry on overseeing this football club.

In a whole his signings have stunk the place out. He was supposed to transform the club from top to bottom, as regards underage teams, we still have Unsworth playing to win instead of developing talent, overall he has been a failure and i can't see any reason other than Carlo likes him to extend his stay.

I'm not suggesting the manager does all the work on getting players in the door and out. They make the decision on who comes in and goes out and others make it happen.

Pay him off now which would be a pittance and have the groundwork in place to seduce Rangnick, Monchi or Campos to come aboard in the summer.

The lazy sod doesnt work January anyway so let Carlo pick 1-2 players and leave it to Kenwright to negotiate.

Iwobi: £27 million
Kean: £27 million
Gomes: £22 million
Godfrey: £25 million
Doucoure: £22 million
Lossl
Bernard
Sidibe

Enough is enough.

So when we signed the players in the summer they were all Ancelotti’s signings and there was no need for Brands. Now Brands is involved too much in the targeting of players and is holding us back. Doucoure and Godfrey have suddenly become his signings as well whilst JR and Allan are Ancelotti’s (unless we’re talking about the transfer strategy in which case they’re Brand’s because they’re older and don’t fit the agenda)

There's very big question marks over some of the signings for sure.

Mina for the wages he's on
Iwobi
Delph due to injury record

They are the ones that stick out for me

Bernard was definitely worth the punt and will be shifted in January I reckon
Too early to call regarding Godfrey
Not fair to judge Gbamin due to injuries
Gomes just hasn't shown the glimpses of form he showed in the 1st season on loan
Jury is out on Doucoure

Success stories are certainly Digne, Richarlison and a couple of good punts on Branthwaite and Nkounkou

Debatable how much influence he had on signing Allan, Rodriguez

I think he's been really poor with the loans and shifting players and overall with the money he's spent you'd be hard pressed to give him anything over 6/10.

The lack of right back (only getting Sidibe in last year almost as a last resort) cover and no one coming through or bought for that position for the u23's is alarming.

I had no issues with him loaning Walcott out and Kean.... As long as we had someone lined up to give us another outlet. To not provide us with an option was terrible and to top it off we are still paying half of Walcotts wedge.

Status
Not open for further replies.