Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is but again reflects how paper thin our squad is if he does not trust either back up full back. It was the same with Richy out we have very little squad depth without that we will be inconsistent maybe that is also a fitness issue but they are both certainly issues.
And that’s on brands

look at Raphinia. A player exactly in the mould of what we need. £18m he cost. F all really.

lots of issues

How we didn't score tonight God only knows, both teams were creating chances and were very open at the back. It resembled a cup tie at times but the fact the Leeds keeper was the man of the match tells you we were unlucky not to get at least a point.
Because we created zero after the break... because we were knackered

It is but again reflects how paper thin our squad is if he does not trust either back up full back. It was the same with Richy out we have very little squad depth without that we will be inconsistent maybe that is also a fitness issue but they are both certainly issues.
He said he was happy with the window. You can't possibly think having literally 0 back ups for EITHER fb is even remotely a good call for either him or Brands

Eh just simply his worst performance in an Everton shirt that I can recall. His running, desire, commitment all of it was not of his usual standard. Far from it.
I disagree, he wasn't exactly bad. Had a few decent runs taking players on and driving at the leeds defence. He just missed digne.

I think the idea behind the 3-4-3 could be to set a solid platform for the front 3 so that they can get about the job of creating and scoring. And it is a sound idea in theory, but we aren't stopping anyone from creating chances doing it so it isn't fit for purpose at the minute.

Fitness wasn't the issue tonight. We were giving up chances from the opening minutes.
Yes, we were - always going to be the case as we can’t defend.

But neither can Leeds, and in the first half we caused them issues. We were shot after 40 minutes and did nothing in the second half as we couldn’t get up the pitch.

fitness is a massive issue

All about opinions I suppose , stats say we were better but there you go. Thought it was a cracking game but you're right 2 pretty poor defence's. One of my mates is a blue and we've had some great days out over the years at both grounds. Good luck for the season. Neville wants a transfer .

I suppose the key stat 1-0 would suggest you were yes.

Yes, we were - always going to be the case as we can’t defend.

But neither can Leeds, and in the first half we caused them issues. We were shot after 40 minutes and did nothing in the second half as we couldn’t get up the pitch.

fitness is a massive issue
The second half was more closed off for both teams. We didn't create much, but neither did they aside from the last chance. And that only happens because we were chasing recklessly.

The goal wasn't really a chance just a great strike.

I meant this....

In the context of Law 11 – Offside, the following definitions apply:
• “nearer to his opponents’ goal line” means that any part of a player’s head, body or feet is nearer to his opponents’ goal line than both the ball and the
second-last opponent. The arms are not included in this definition
• “interfering with play” means playing or touching the ball passed or
touched by a team-mate
• “interfering with an opponent” means preventing an opponent from
playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s
line of vision or challenging an opponent for the ball
“gaining an advantage by being in that position” means playing a ball
i. that rebounds or is deflected to him off the goalpost, crossbar or an opponent having been in an offside position
ii. that rebounds, is deflected or is played to him from a deliberate save by an opponent having been in an offside position
A player in an offside position receiving the ball from an opponent, who deliberately plays the ball (except from a deliberate save), is not considered to have gained an advantage.

If it's come off an opposing player though, it's sort of irrelevant.

As regards our poor performances, I think a consideration impacting this, one we should not underestimate, is the ravages that homesickness is inflicting on the team.
We first saw it with Snail Keane, then Wisdom Lookman, and now Crab Iwobi, Xmas Mina, Dirty Rodrigues, have all succumbed. Even the manager looks homesick. And look at how Disinclined Kean’s game has changed since leaving us...no longer homesick you see.
What’s the answer? I genuinely do not know. My real expertise on the subject stems from my camping trip with Ross Pottinger. I tried a hard edged approach back then and simply told Potty to stop being a sissy. I am unsure whether you would be allowed to call someone that anymore as I believe there is a sector within the LGBTV community that like to dress up as women, be dominated by men or women...and are termed ‘sissies’.
I imagine they might take umbrage if we called a blubbering homesick footie player a sissy. ...hmmmm....I wonder if perhaps homesickness might be the reason blokes dress up as women???...
...whatever, it’s a rum do!!
A LGBTV XI would beat this lot at the minute

The RS when I was reading the rawk thread after the derby where predicting our downfall. Not one of them actually predicted it this bad. Even the ones that where clearly over doing it.but not one said one win out of the next 5.

We out do ourselves don't we?

they absolutely walloped Arsenal out of it last week should have been 5 nil and never a chance of the score been the other way. Arsenal were abysmal. Still got a point. We could have well beat them. In the net twice.

you would just shrug your shoulders if it wasn’t the 4 loses out of 5.

We will off course find form when all hope of finishing anywhere is completely lost.
I've said it in another thread if Carlo puts his 1st choice 11 out we win that game .

Its the strength of the squad that is the main worry , no Digne or Coleman & we are so unbalanced .

Good game last week for Iwobi , this week poor again.
Tom Davies & Delph coming in shows our weakness in quality.

But yet we still could have won .

Status
Not open for further replies.