Match Thread Everton v Leeds United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
but come on mate

he didn’t pick either of our fit full-backs in the squad. He played Davies for no reason out wide and Iwobi on the left at wing-back - mental

his changes - he didn’t switch the system which was what was needed, just shifted Doucoure wide

we are knackered in every game after 40 minutes

yes, the players are drivel but we have one player missing from our starting XI atm - Digne - and we’ve fallen apart again

he needs to be better mate, much better

Davies did fine, there was nothing wrong with that call. Kenny absolutely should not be playing.

It was on the left we had problems. I dont know if Nkounkou would have improved things at all. Its easy to say now with hindsight but its not that easy.

Richarlison was really poor. Holgate and Godfrey were poor. Doucoure was awful. Iwobi was out of his depth on that side but that was understandable.

Our subs had zero impact on the match and we refused to put the ball in the box for DCL. Gomes is really frustrating at the minute, looks utterly shot for confidence.

Id love to know why we've stopped playing our strengths. We are not a keep ball build from the back team. I put it down to a lack of responsibility from the players and a lack of game awareness. I doubt Carlo has told them dont cross.

Proved today DCL is not the finished article. Couple of times he got in the box out wide and instead of cutting back in he shot from poor angles. His decision making needs to improve massively

Davies did fine, there was nothing wrong with that call. Kenny absolutely should not be playing.

It was on the left we had problems. I dont know if Nkounkou would have improved things at all. Its easy to say now with hindsight but its not that easy.

Richarlison was really poor. Holgate and Godfrey were poor. Doucoure was awful. Iwobi was out of his depth on that side but that was understandable.

Our subs had zero impact on the match and we refused to put the ball in the box for DCL. Gomes is really frustrating at the minute, looks utterly shot for confidence.

Id love to know why we've stopped playing our strengths. We are not a keep ball build from the back team. I put it down to a lack of responsibility from the players and a lack of game awareness. I doubt Carlo has told them dont cross.
Did he do fine? He lost every header (clearly he would do) - two chances that they had came from that.

his subs were crap. Comes from picking a bad bench.

you’re spot on about not playing to our strengths - well that is on Carlo

Did he do fine? He lost every header (clearly he would do) - two chances that they had came from that.

his subs were crap. Comes from picking a bad bench.

you’re spot on about not playing to our strengths - well that is on Carlo

There is no way Carlo told players not to cross. Players made so many bad decisions tonight. They started off slowly giving the ball away and that set the tone. I blame the players and will continue to do so until they show that they understand what is expected.

The time Gomes refused to pass then ran across the pitch and fell over beside Delph summed it up. A lack of guts on the ball from various players.

The person to blame for our lack of quality in the squad is the DOF. We needed a Coleman replacement last summer yet we signed Godfrey and kept Kenny, who Carlo doesnt think is good enough for the bench. And its hard to argue based on how Kenny played at Newcastle.

I'm not sure there was a better team. It was an open game, which Everton probably shaded, but there you go. Two sides who are wide open defensively. If you're Leeds thats fair enough, but we ought to be better.
All about opinions I suppose , stats say we were better but there you go. Thought it was a cracking game but you're right 2 pretty poor defence's. One of my mates is a blue and we've had some great days out over the years at both grounds. Good luck for the season. Neville wants a transfer .

There is no way Carlo told players not to cross. Players made so many bad decisions tonight. They started off slowly giving the ball away and that set the tone. I blame the players and will continue to do so until they show that they understand what is expected.

The time Gomes refused to pass then ran across the pitch and fell over beside Delph summed it up. A lack of guts on the ball from various players.

The person to blame for our lack of quality in the squad is the DOF. We needed a Coleman replacement last summer yet we signed Godfrey and kept Kenny, who Carlo doesnt think is good enough for the bench. And its hard to argue based on how Kenny played at Newcastle.
I agree on Brands but Christ mate, Carlo has been tosh as of late

Think that was Richarlison’s worst performance for us. Coming off the back of a stupid three game suspension of his own making, it hints something is wrong there.

Status
Not open for further replies.