How did you come to be an Evertonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big nev for me,way back in 84 when seen him in the 84 milk cup final on tv,remember the commentary saying he was one of the best in the world and that was that.

April 1963, Everton against Spurs. My dad took me, he was a bit of a Spurs fan, me not a fan of anyone really. When i got to the top of the stairs in the upper Bullens i was blown away with the size of the stadium and the green, green grass. 67,000 there that day and of course Alex Young scored the only goal from a corner. The roar was incredible. I was hooked. Everton went to the top of the table that day and of course went on to win the title by beating Fulham 4 - 1 in May. That was my second game. I later went on to be a season ticket holder, watched the holy trinity in all their glory. Interestingly i was living in North Wales and the coach company only ran coaches to Everton games, not Liverpool, not enough interest. That changed later of course. I live in Canada now but still love my blues.

Grew up two streets away from klanfield stadium,
Majority of my football supporting family are rs,
Numerous trips in and out of the club shop, rs memorabilia for Christmas etc,
Finally started paying attention to football about 98 (aged 7),
Favourite colour is blue so it was a no brainer haha

I apparently cheered on Everton in the 84 Cup final but have no memory of it. I think I do but I couldn’t have. I must have toddled in and picked a jersey and it stuck. After that no idea but I got a boxed jersey in 87 from Santa.

First game I remember is the 86 World Cup. And I don’t even remember it.

I remember the neighbour who could fix TVs (John) working at it to get it working and the cheer in the living room when it switched on!

At the whistle all the kids piled out to the green and we were all Maradona. To my dying day, I will remember the shout to me as I opened the gate to go out;

Mon Everton, you’re over there!

I had an identity

This is a little ok much embarrassing.
Back in 1978 when I collected football cards as a 5 year old. I finally got a full 11 of Liverpool players, and that was something I really tried to.
But when I had that I wasn’t fulfilled and looked at all the other cards I had.
And there was Bob Latchford, Andy King, Mike Lyon and so on. I just felt this was the team for me.
So I changed from Liverpool to Everton. I newer got a full 11 of Everton players but I got some very good years in the 80s. And a lot of not so good years after that.
But Dave Watson, Neville Southall, Duncan, Hinchcliff and so on have kept me safe in the Everton corner every year since 1979. And as the rest of you in August I think this is our year and more often than not in January I wait for the next season

My Grand dad was from there. He was a big fan, but I never really got on board because the only games over here I ever saw when I was a kid were Man U games. We used to watch a show over here called Soccer Saturday with Graham Leggat. I used to love it, but again, only Man U or Liverpool games were usually on. About ~12 years ago I noticed we really started getting a ton of games over here on streaming services or Sports world channels. So I payed up and I started following. Been a sucker ever since.

So I guess I've always been a blue, just didn't realize it till about 12 years ago.
Who was your favourite player when you first "saw the light?"

Had joined the working world back in 2014 and was wondering what it'd be like to start following a new sport (I'm a very big ice hockey fan)

Watched the final match day of the 2014 season and was debating whether to follow spurs or Everton

God knows why I like to suffer but here I am

Status
Not open for further replies.