How did you come to be an Evertonian?

Status
Not open for further replies.
james-rodriguez-everton-2020_1pxiw8c2fk1nc1ubwxrfeefiyc.jpg

because all my friend war supporting Liverpool , when they win the champion league against Milan,so i decided to support Everton just to piss them off, and slowly I start to really care about it, and now Everton is everything in my life....

Hated Harry Kewell.

I'm proud to say my hatred for Liverpool laid the foundations for my love affair with Everton. Tim Cahill helped a bit too...

This game though was the one that officially won me over:

Grew up during the war. There was no organised football, no leagues. It turned out that our Dad was a Liverpool supporter but football was played but not discussed. So me and my brother didn't support anyone. Then an older lad threatened to beat us up if we didn't support Everton, so we thought it sounded like a good idea. That was in about 1943 and we didn't get to Goodison Park for another three years. Apart from playing (which I did in every spare moment from waking up to going to bed) I only ever remember watching one live football match. That was when my Dad played for the Fire Service against the RAF.
The lad who threatened us with physical violence did us the best favour of our lives.

A deal was made centuraries ago which forfeited every first born son in the family to eternal torment. It was decided that eternal torment wasn’t quite strong enough, so it was agreed that we would be Everton fans instead

Nothing special was 6/7 when Everton beat United in the 95 cup final and just seen a load of smelly obnoxious Manc fans that packed out the pub piped down. I was very young and didn’t understand it completely but I knew this was a good thing.

That’s the boring side. The more interesting part was when we got to the final again in 09 was it? there was nothing going to stop me from going back to where it all started to watch the game in the very same pub, the mulingar house. I bounced down to along the Liffey path walking on clouds. Burst in the door sporting my jerseys only for the place to be empty with just two smelly fat bar flies looking at a Irish rugby friendly game on the telly which had actual no fans in the stadium the game was being broadcasted from. A completely uninteresting event.

I asked the barman could he stick on the fa cup final. And he looked over to the two bar flies and they shook their head.

Had to let leg it to a different pub after visualising the ‘return where it started’ I was certain we would win the cup going back to that bar. Knew we would lose after what happened.

Everton that.

Generational blue me. My old man and his father all followed the blues so was always going to be a blue. My grandad was on the terraces when Harry and the holy trinity were being boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.