2020/21 Theo Walcott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we have a recall clause on the loan?

He's doing pretty well at Southampton and I'm just wondering if we could recall him then try to sell him back to Southampton for a few million and save on some wages that we're paying.

If anything you recall him to try to ef them over.

I am still at a loss how Fat Sam thought he was worth 20+ million.

Other than the proverbial brown envelope on an M6 lay-by, he surely must have seen
that he lacks bottle and application. He has been in an semi-interested zone since he left Soton.
He came to EFC to warm his pension plan up. Nothing more nothing less.

And now EFC have to take a total hit on his transfer fee and just hope that someone else will pay
his outrageous salary.

Nice work if you can get it...

Other than the proverbial brown envelope on an M6 lay-by, he surely must have seen
that he lacks bottle and application. He has been in an semi-interested zone since he left Soton.

And now EFC have to take a total hit on his transfer fee and just hope that someone else will pay
his outrageous salary.

But hey, he feels like a kid again......

He had a responsibility to Everton to find a much better level. Several managers never fancied him and he’s never been consistent and seeing him thrive now is a bit galling.

Unfortunately he followed the money to come here and probably regrets that decision himself. We were just an employer to him, I have no doubt he tried his best, but there's always an extra level when you care more.

his outrageous salary.

Not true, even though he was signed in January, he was probably our player of the season that season.

Which admittedly under Allardyce was a low bar, but nether the less.

Walcott was really good when he first came but since then as a club we’ve lacked direction and been a total shambles with buying players to be honest. I’m not surprised he didn’t get super excited with battling it out to finish in the top half whilst sigurdsson and schneiderlin walked around the pitch passing sideways and ignoring his runs.

I used to see him trying to get in behind full backs and time and again we’d play like crabs, similar to how Dom is suddenly scoring non stop because we’re playing forward passes and getting balls in the box.

To summarise, I quite like Walcott, I think he did his best in a horrible team, but now we have James playing there and he’s a pace merchant the wrong side of 30 who will only get worse so his ship has sailed.

Walcott was a breathe of fresh air compared to whoever we had on the right wing at that point. Literally cannot remember who was playing there?

He’d be a breath of fresh air compared to who we have now! Which is nobody, unless you want to play Iwobi or a RM that can’t run.

Walcott wasn’t as bad a signing as people make out, but his sale is the worst in decades! Barkley forced his move, whereas we were complicit in letting Walcott go to our modern day peers and European qualification rivals just to get the wage bill down ever so slightly. We pay Southampton 50k a week to deprive ourselves of a very useful player!

We’ve already missed his ability to stretch a defence with his pace, and we will miss it even more when we have Iwobi and Kenny playing on our right hand side in December.

He blew it at Wolves. He scored one open goal and missed a later open goal which would have finished off Wolves. Cost Shampton 2 points.

He blew it at Wolves. He scored one open goal and missed a later open goal which would have finished off Wolves. Cost Shampton 2 points.
I was beginning to wonder did anyone actually watch the match. He was not good and as you say missed a one on one with the keeper to put the game to bed.

Walcott was a breathe of fresh air compared to whoever we had on the right wing at that point. Literally cannot remember who was playing there?
Bolasie or Lennon I reckon? Could be wrong though, I've tried to wipe that season from my memory completely, as I'm sure most of us have..

Not true, even though he was signed in January, he was probably our player of the season that season.

Which admittedly under Allardyce was a low bar, but nether the less.

What cobblers! You are factually wrong.

Having a different opinion to you does not make it untrue.

What is true is that Lucas Digne and then Gueye were players of the year for 2018-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.