Match Thread Fulham v Everton (Sunday 22 Nov 12:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't fix Yerry Mina.

I often say he's unsettling - that's just a polite way of saying disaster.

He's a maverick defender, he attacks possession and unsettles the entire defence.

There's a reason gabriel magalhaes was Ancelotti's priority/Everton's first attempt of a transfer.

Mina's card is marked, Ancelotti threw Holgate in at the first opportunity on his return vs Man Utd but it was too soon.

Yerry Mina for me is like Funes Mori.

Even when he's doing OK, you expect an injury to unsettle the rhythm of the team.

By far and away the weakest player in our starting 11. It's not even close.

I dont rate Mina either tbh. Far too many basic errors.

I have a feeling it will be Holgate or Godfrey with Keane against Leeds, with hopefully Seamus fit to come back in. Id like to see Godfrey at centre half.

I dont rate Mina either tbh. Far too many basic errors.

I have a feeling it will be Holgate or Godfrey with Keane against Leeds, with hopefully Seamus fit to come back in. Id like to see Godfrey at centre half.

I have a feeling Godfrey is a Brands signing and based on Mina, I'm a bit unsure...

Shouldn't be scoring three away from home and having to hang on,we are playing some great stuff going forward but from the moment our keeper shovel footed the clearance and they had a little two minutes of pressure we conceded,we get away with the penalty miss and know their jaws are on the deck,see it through?no we concede in the next attack,so frustrating but so us, Mina I'm afraid has had his chances,got to sort this back four and keeper Carlo before it undermines the good work so far.
I'm afraid I agree about Mina. He turns like the Titanic avoiding an iceberg. Carlo will be well aware that we are very very good going forward and have options, but the defence is very poor. I think Keene is a good player, but Holgate must be given a chance in place of Mina or we buy a good(expensive) centre half in January. Godfrey is not a right back, but is third in the pecking order for left back, so is he a centre half? Lots of questions to be asked about our defensive recruitment. Throughout the generations Everton(and other teams) have had a player who simply does his job and enables the flair players to shine(Dennis Stevens comes to mind). So I hope no one is overlooking how important a signing Allan has been. Most stuff goes through him to the ball players. I just hope he keeps fit.He's Lee Carsley, but a lot better, and Carsley was good.

A short term fix for Everton

blind fold Mina and send him packing to some desolate field in the middle of no where
play Gordon -- if still at the club
Keep on top of Iwobi - he clearly has us fooled
Put Sigs and Davies in the field with Mina
Get Holgage into the fray
Gbamin...can he play still?

No. I see where you’re going with that though.lol
@Joey66 gets a pass from me all day every day for his Old Everton pictures thread. Fascinating even for a Palace fan.

What a poor ineffective 2nd half that was Carlo just confuses me from coasting the game what 2nd half chat did he have?
Our midfield stood on our six yard box?
Allen our furthest midfielder?
Sig on for Rhico?
Tom Davies only made sense......
Also, every team as poor as Fulham were always going to know our right back position is vulnerable our playmaker should be in the middle with the licence to roam With Rhico and Iwobi tracking back both had good games , but 2nd half pushed back they should have helped -
Mina is a liability turned like a tractor for their first goal ... Holgate at right back and Godffery in his correct position please if the other two right backs are injured - Mina on the bench
Play like that v Leeds ......we will struggle ....
awful 2nd half

Our stamina levels are so poor. Obviously it's partly fatigue from the amount of games/no preseason, but it's been the same for ages. We can press for about three seconds before everyone's knackered, and when it gets to about 70 mins some players can barely move.

Status
Not open for further replies.