Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernard and Digne have a much better understanding of each other than Richarlison and Digne seem to have. It's so frustrating.

I mean that Richarlison-Digne pairing wasn't an issue for us at all in the first few games, though?

Digne was still seeing plenty of the ball because James could get it out to him and, conversely, Gomes was switching the play to James from the left side.

Richarlison's runs and off the ball movement open up plenty of space for Digne, even if their link up isn't always the best on the ball.

Bernard played well yesterday though. He's a player who seems to look better when starting - the opposite of Iwobi, who only manages to look half-decent when coming on.

did my head how easily we lost our shape in the 2nd half. Iwobi came on and did well, ran at people and created space.

Coleman went missing big time. Iwobi dragged the full back in field and Coleman should have been on the over lap.. he just disapeared

Will break my man of the match rule on losing and give my vote to Bernard. Been critical of him at times and looked like a player with darting direct runs.

Total abysmal defending. Both goals is total catastrophe, Fernandes was alone as my good taste in the McDonald's. We should easily won if we didn't concede so soon and so easy...

When was the last time that back line played together, that's the problem yesterday. Both there goals from mistakes. It's obvious boss man prefers Holgate over Minia. Just backfired yesterday. Another day we go in at half time 1 nil up.

Not hard to figure us out really.

Pass it round our back for a few mins, then get the ball to James, who then whips it over to the digne who crosses it in to DCL. When then doesn’t work we can’t score goals.
Exactly. Because we don't have midfield players that can run beyond the front line, DCL, link and interchange between each other, to develop footballing creativity. I don't want to sound repetitive but playing Siggy, whose only ability is to pass the ball flat or square, is suicide in today's football - we just can't accommodate a player like that. He can't tackle, run past players, or pick out chances and his set piece delivery is shocking - what's the point of him? It doesn't matter if you pack out a midfield with 5 players, they have to have a variety of differing qualities like on a chess board for defensive and offensive purposes.

Every player we insist on recruiting for at the moment though aren't moble enough. Imo, Isco will be a similar player unless we are also getting in athletic and mobile players.

Yes our wide players (Bernard and Iwobi) aren't good enough for us and that needs sorting too, but Siggy and Gomes (unfortunately) need to be binned or this slow, gutless and ponderous Everton will remain and not go anywhere. I'm even afraid Gbamin will have the same issue as Gomes post injury (no fault of their own). We can only accommodate 1/2 players who aren't that mobile and James is this poster we need although we know running hard isn't his thing - no side in modern football will be successful with 3 or 4 in a side who arent quick and athletic (in my opinion) and for these players that aren't that mobile need to be technically gifted to make a difference (like James) - that's just the demand of modern football.

So this comes down to Brands again and his general plan - if we see any linkages or rumours for players that aren't quick, to me (my opinion) it'll show he doesn't really know what the requirement is in modern football and in particular, what our specific urgent needs are. We can sign all the technical players out there (Isco) but if they aren't able to move, we'll end up with a similar problem. The Red [Poor language removed] aren't stupid - that's the one asset their players must posses hence signing Jota recently (technically good but he's very quick). Even their squad fillers can move (Shaqiri, Winuldum, Origi etc etc).

This is just conjecture though - and - only my - opinion - by - the - way - before I get people shouting me down:). Just for debate on what the direction of our team should evolve into really and what our current needs are.

Get rid of Gylfi though - no1 requirement and replace with athleticism and bravery. Imo, our problem (for a long time) is this tepid, immobility that keeps tripping us up. Another player cull us needed. At least we have a better nucleas re our new signings - we go from there.

EE2D06B8-2E02-4207-94C1-05822F61284B.jpeg
@Sheepted @Luc80 @Midget @Rooney_Tunes @Joeharper07 @istgcptof do us all a favour and crawl back to RAWK.

Why has Carlo handed over the free kicks to Siggy? I’m genuinely asking... World class James ready to land it at the right pace 9/10 .. DIgne 7/10.. or Siggy powder dinks 4/10...

What is the thinking?

We had some one else on the dead balls and our chances of a result increase tenfold. Never mind someone else playing instead of him.

Our past has creeped up on us this season. Wish Carlo would do more to stop it.

Whag

What fee us cameron manning talking about please. Walcott is on loan not trsnsferred
Well spotted consho, that was my deliberate mistake!!Off course he’s gone on loan never to come back because his contract finishes at the end of this season, by the way will you miss him at Everton?

Maybe the international break is a good time for an ayahuasca retreat in new mexico. Can't hurt.
No someone needs to come do a energy removal ceremony at the club! It's common place in some countries as they go about lifting dark energy curses all the time - real stuff this! :) There's just this general malaise about this club and it's really weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.