Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
We are the sum of our parts and this is another example of this.

Once we have our full 11 on the pitch we will beat teams easy.

The minute you start swapping some for the players who have almost run the club into the ground then we lose. It's hardly a surprise.

When you swap euro winner gomes for siggurdson, you lose gomes passing and calmness , with his eyes to go forward.

Lose richarlison and you lose a hard working midfielder who offers both attack and defensive cover. It loses half of the attack we have pretty much.

The minute you don't have richarlison it is easy to double up on James because we have no other creative threat.

Next summer should see us finally kick on with these players once we can replace some of the crap in the squad. Until then, we can only hope to field our best 11 enough times to see us compete.

We are the sum of our parts and this is another example of this.

Once we have our full 11 on the pitch we will beat teams easy.

The minute you start swapping some for the players who have almost run the club into the ground then we lose. It's hardly a surprise.

When you swap euro winner gomes for siggurdson, you lose gomes passing and calmness , with his eyes to go forward.

Lose richarlison and you lose a hard working midfielder who offers both attack and defensive cover. It loses half of the attack we have pretty much.

The minute you don't have richarlison it is easy to double up on James because we have no other creative threat.

Next summer should see us finally kick on with these players once we can replace some of the crap in the squad. Until then, we can only hope to field our best 11 enough times to see us compete.

In fairness there’s no way Gomes could have started after that abysmal showing at Newcastle last week

I am not sure yesterdays defeat can be laid on the head of the manager. Certainly Newcastle could, but today was just a really poor performance - specifically by the defense. 2 goals where the CB's were split by the scorer, just terrible marking in the box by Keane and Holgate watching on. Holgate is not the messiah - Keane is at best an average Premiere League CB. But we also struggled massively yesterday with the 2 midfielders either side of and slightly in front of Allan who was overcome yesterday by United playing 4 in midfield at times with little defensive support from Siggy or Doucoure. When Fred or McTominay got the ball going forward they had Rashford and Fernandes in front of them with only Allan covering both. The CB's watched - Holgate should be stepping up and leaving Martial to Keane - although I suspect Keane's lack of pace didn't allow it too often. The answer also could have been FB's coming in but James left Coleman a tad exposed to Shaw and Digne was already upfield. It might have been smarter to pull Bernard inside to cover Fred. We could not handle them coming forward with their 2 DM's. Didn't really matter what we did going forward.

One for @AndyC that.

He can allow the option to view results without voting - I suspect thats better than a 'Nobody' vote.

Though personally think just vote for least bad.
And @Tipp blue
As @GrandOldTeam says, even after an absolute awful game, there's usually at least one player who doesn't stink the place out as badly as the worst... so agree, that's where the vote could/should be cast if there isn't a stand-out performer.
Having a "Nobody" option leaves the poll open to abuse and the very idea of having polls is to lend credibility to the forum and website.
The more people who see and partake in the polls widens the scope for GOT.

Just rewatching their 3rd goal, where in the hell Iwobi is that moment? Cant find him, we are ten men including Pickford. was he down bcs of injury? :rolleyes:

Also Coleman shouldn't have really asked for the ball, without checking his area, Allan should have passed it to Bernard. Oh well.

Ah well it's comforting to be back to normal service,all that winning was making me nervous. I need an Everton I can rely on.

I am not sure yesterdays defeat can be laid on the head of the manager. Certainly Newcastle could, but today was just a really poor performance - specifically by the defense. 2 goals where the CB's were split by the scorer, just terrible marking in the box by Keane and Holgate watching on. Holgate is not the messiah - Keane is at best an average Premiere League CB. But we also struggled massively yesterday with the 2 midfielders either side of and slightly in front of Allan who was overcome yesterday by United playing 4 in midfield at times with little defensive support from Siggy or Doucoure. When Fred or McTominay got the ball going forward they had Rashford and Fernandes in front of them with only Allan covering both. The CB's watched - Holgate should be stepping up and leaving Martial to Keane - although I suspect Keane's lack of pace didn't allow it too often. The answer also could have been FB's coming in but James left Coleman a tad exposed to Shaw and Digne was already upfield. It might have been smarter to pull Bernard inside to cover Fred. We could not handle them coming forward with their 2 DM's. Didn't really matter what we did going forward.
There’s a lot of good points in the post. But was Newcastle not a really poor performance too? I thought it was actually much worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.