Match Thread Everton v Manchester United - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No excuses. We were poor. Lack of leadership all over the park. Far to slow moving the ball forward. Horrible defending - Coleman allows far too many crosses - and Holgate wasn't at the races. James and Doucoure had a shocker. DCL and Allan only players who can hold their heads up. Bruno Fernandez bullying us all over the shop. Sickening really.

Allan is putting in some dismal performances in the first half-an-hour of matches, then somehow manages to turn it on for the next 60 mins

Really, really poor. United there for the taking and low on confidence and we put in that kind of performance.

The midfield is a huge worry at the moment. Allan and Doucoure looked well off the pace, especially in the first half. Doesn´t help that no one seems to understand their role in there either.
Over the years we have always been a good confidence booster, nothings changed it seems.

Really, really poor. United there for the taking and low on confidence and we put in that kind of performance.

The midfield is a huge worry at the moment. Allan and Doucoure looked well off the pace, especially in the first half. Doesn´t help that no one seems to understand their role in there either.

Do we even have a setup or a plan? I have no idea what type of team we are. This has been going on for years now.

What a horrible period of time. I’ve spent 3 weeeks depressed. Getting a glimmer of hope come Friday and bang spent the next week depressed rinse and repeat for 3 weeks and into an international break now. United where crap except for spell with two goals. We where great before it.

how daft do we look after how we started. It’s not our fault. We looked boss, made the signings, had Carlo, we had every right to be boastful.

ENTER EVERTON THAT

These poor Colombians are getting a crash course in that for sure.
It has been a roller coaster of a ride and I truly despise the vertigo it gives me. But now I'm a fan for bad, or for worse.

I'm struggling to get my head around the complete lack of effort in the last three matches. It's not just that we play poorly, but that it all seems to stem from laziness. We're not starting matches with intensity, and by 30 minutes quick touches vanish and we play ploddingly and sideways through mid-field. Each match, one of them will be up for it, while 10 others watch and wait for the ball to come to them. Bernard felt like that player today. The complacency of the squad since the derby has been overwhelming. Not sure how the problem can be fixed as it seems endemic at the club. Bursts of confidence and effort seem to come in 5-8 match runs and nothing more. It's just the worst roller coaster that ever was.

How you've managed to interpret that from that post is beyond me.

I've asked who would you like to see - of our current RB options - replace Coleman in our next game?

Considering Kenny played last week and we lost and Godfrey got rinsed the week before by Southampton?

Please enlighten me.
Why are we in a position where a player who needed replacing two years ago is first choice right back and captain? Please enlighten me.

So poor we looked way off it all over the pitch. Lack of energy and pace we were carrying two passengers in James(who didn't look fit) and Sig. Just bad we looked like the ones who had been to Turkey on the ale this week. Lack of cutting edge and pace to run in behind going forward and bad defensive mistakes and standing off at the back. I have no idea what needs to change but we need legs in midfield and more pace and urgency. I hate early kick offs tbh we never look good. Badly miss Richarlison and have nobody else who replicates it. Only ones who can take any credit are DCL and Bernard

After today there is no doubt in my mind that Bernard should be playing in the side with richarlison and rodriguez and siggy should never play again
Carlo needs to stop this gomes and siggy in the middle. For me you go Bernard and Richie on the wing and James in the middle. Try that please just once because I’m sick off the same like for like.

You're not the only one whose said, Iwobi...... BUT

Can't people on here give credit where it is due?

Iwobi was our best player when he came on. Let's just leave it there rather than give him stick when it's not warranted.
Credit for being part of a team that got turned over at home to a rubbish utd team? Didn't even test the keeper second half. Nah. Ill reserve credit for when these shysters actually achieve something. The bar is so low. 1 point from a possible 12. Expectations are raised. Players bottle it. Nothing has changed.

Basically we’ve been good for 4 games and awful for 3-4; which is the fluke? Richy back next game so hopefully we’ll get back to winning ways.

In any event, it’s only a game, blues. Enjoy the rest of your weekend and put this nonsense out of your mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.