2020/21 Andre Gomes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Andre Gomes appears to have lost a yard of pace off of what little pace he had to start with; also he's not finding himself the time and space to do his pullbacks and turns that we once liked about him. With a bit of luck, it's just a hang up from his injury. Seamus Colman wasn't the same player for a long time after returning from his broken leg, but this season he's been unbelievable; so hopefully Gomes will come good again for us in the near future.

Andre Gomes appears to have lost a yard of pace off of what little pace he had to start with; also he's not finding himself the time and space to do his pullbacks and turns that we once liked about him. With a bit of luck, it's just a hang up from his injury. Seamus Colman wasn't the same player for a long time after returning from his broken leg, but this season he's been unbelievable; so hopefully Gomes will come good again for us in the near future.

Pretty much true this , hard to watch atm.

Difference is Coleman was top drawer before his injury - Gomes has always been an inconsistent slow crab.

Im hoping he's booted along with Sigurdsson next summer.

I was made up when we signed him on loan. He looked head and shoulders above everyone else in our team, he was literally impossible to disposses. Before we signed him on a permanent deal I'm sure a few kopites said they were confident of hijacking the deal. But anyway... I can't believe how poor he's become. You'd think training with Allan etc. everyday would make him sharper?

I was made up when we signed him on loan. He looked head and shoulders above everyone else in our team, he was literally impossible to disposses. Before we signed him on a permanent deal I'm sure a few kopites said they were confident of hijacking the deal. But anyway... I can't believe how poor he's become. You'd think training with Allan etc. everyday would make him sharper?

He was exceptional in the derby at klanfield. Wouldve literally build a team around him he was that good. Added so much calmness and class.

Nowhere near that player now

Mo Besic is more useful.

Only half serious but I do find it odd that certain players who are rubbish are frozen out of the squad yet others who are equally as bad for equally as long seem to get chance after chance.

Gomes obviously has ability but he is ridiculously slow and seems to play within himself constantly.

Mo Besic is more useful.

Only half serious but I do find it odd that certain players who are rubbish are frozen out of the squad yet others who are equally as bad for equally as long seem to get chance after chance.

Gomes obviously has ability but he is ridiculously slow and seems to play within himself constantly.
If we're looking to go to Newcastle or Southampton for a point, or keep it tight and try and snatch a winner because we're under strength, then I agree Besic would be the better option. Although to be fair I'm talking about the Besic from a few seasons ago as I haven't seen him play for a while.

If we're looking to go to Newcastle or Southampton for a point, or keep it tight and try and snatch a winner because we're under strength, then I agree Besic would be the better option. Although to be fair I'm talking about the Besic from a few seasons ago as I haven't seen him play for a while.

Well yeah to be fair I am only joking, Besic is obviously no longer an option but the good Gomes we are talking about is also the Gomes from a few seasons ago.

I just find it odd how some players just get jibbed off and others don't I still stand by what I said a few weeks ago about Bolasie and him being a better premier league option than Bernard (Bolasie is also not good enough of course).

Gomes has given away too many free kicks as well as this pen in the past year. We have been punished from them. Should Have been no where near Calvert Lewin position wise today. Another one on a big long term contract who we will find hard to shift.

They pointed out during the coverage today that it was 12 months since his injury.

EDIT:12 months since a horrific ankle break. Some players would still be in rehab.

He’s not at the top of my list of concerns currently.

Last edited:
Well yeah to be fair I am only joking, Besic is obviously no longer an option but the good Gomes we are talking about is also the Gomes from a few seasons ago.

I just find it odd how some players just get jibbed off and others don't I still stand by what I said a few weeks ago about Bolasie and him being a better premier league option than Bernard (Bolasie is also not good enough of course).
For all his obvious limitations Besic always looks bothered and will give it 100% more than can be said of our other midfield back up players.

They pointed out during the coverage today that it was 12 months since his injury.

12 months since a double leg break. Some players would still be in rehab.

He’s not at the top of my list of concerns currently.

What was his excuse before the injury?

If its still effecting him he shouldn't be playing.

One of a number of concerns for me, we have loads of players who "should" be good but very rarely are.

Status
Not open for further replies.