2020/21 Allan

Status
Not open for further replies.

One defeat and everyone's crap again, hard going at times, why do people have to raise their expectations through the roof only to hit the floor hard when we don't win 38 games. We got beat, it happens, in case you failed to notice that was our only defeat so far after 8 games. Hard to please some fans.
If we do not win there are problems!

I think he should be playing box to box but unless we can have a minor miracle occur and Gbamin get healthy I'm not sure anyone can actually be better playing the deep lying spot than him. He needs to be better decision making wise though. A lot of space in between the lines for Saints came from him trying to win the ball.

I think he should be playing box to box but unless we can have a minor miracle occur and Gbamin get healthy I'm not sure anyone can actually be better playing the deep lying spot than him. He needs to be better decision making wise though. A lot of space in between the lines for Saints came from him trying to win the ball.

I don’t think he has the pace Or ruining power for that he can’t recover once someone gets goal side of him. He’s a holding player andif he can consistently perform like he did in his first few games... he’s a very good one .

He did it really well in the first few games (a few moments v WBA aside but we were just pressing high in that game). Just looks like recently he’s trying to do a bit too much, when we really just need him to sit in like he did against Spurs and control the midfield.

It’s on Carlo to an extent too.

I can see him playing Delph on Sunday, alongside Allan, and then Doucoure pushed further up. It would make sense. Dom needs support and without richarlison that’s gonna have to come from midfield.

I imagine Delph will be trusted defensively to help out on that left side

I don’t think he has the pace Or ruining power for that he can’t recover once someone gets goal side of him. He’s a holding player andif he can consistently perform like he did in his first few games... he’s a very good one .
I agree he doesn't recover well but that is for the team fixable if he is playing with a midfielder deeper than him. He's still putting himself in positions to be bypassed currently but with no one to fix it.

I agree he doesn't recover well but that is for the team fixable if he is playing with a midfielder deeper than him. He's still putting himself in positions to be bypassed currently but with no one to fix it.

I understand that , it just I don’t think he’s a powerful enough runner to be a good box to box

Think he should be sitting deep and breaking everything up. That's what he excelled at I thought. Let Doucoure be the fabled "box to box"

Regardless of who plays where, we need people to start showing back up. 2 matches in a row we've been poor.

Status
Not open for further replies.