2020/21 James Rodriguez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man United is a 6 pointer, Newcastle isn't, that's the crux of it, we need him fit a lot more for the man utd game than Newcastle imo.

I’ll check it out but 3 points for each I think. That’s the mindset change needed, no point in getting “up” for the derby and United match and making a mess of Southampton and Newcastle.

Of course, I'm just saying if he's forced to play v Newcastle and gets injured and misses the man utd game that'd be poor, it's the more important of the two.

Nonsense argument - what's important is that we aim for 75 points and hope that gets top 4, if we out perform that and get to 80+ who knows, but three against Newcastle are as valuable on our quest as 3 against MUFC

Nonsense argument - what's important is that we aim for 75 points and hope that gets top 4, if we out perform that and get to 80+ who knows, but three against Newcastle are as valuable on our quest as 3 against MUFC

That’s just not true though is it.

You can’t ignore the fact that there are 6 teams in the league who consistently finish in the top 8. Winning games against those teams is inherently more valuable as it decreases their points total while increasing yours.

Go to win all games but set out not to lose against your closest rivals. That's what Fergie did. Do this and let your rivals slip up once and you've won the league.

Just don't lose against your rivals. If you win- so much the better.

That’s just not true though is it.

You can’t ignore the fact that there are 6 teams in the league who consistently finish in the top 8. Winning games against those teams is inherently more valuable as it decreases their points total while increasing yours.

id agree if it was two horses for one spot, but when it’s 8 teams for 4, it shouldn’t be a consideration, we will have 14 games against them, just keep getting 3 points and see where we are

After a defeat it's so important to get back to winning games straight away...

So a win against Newcastle then we are off again...

The Man utd game is big too, not only as they will be rivals for top four but there is another two week international break after this game, so important not to lose before that break up...

Best Midfielder in Premier League..;);)

Screenshot_20201028-192109_ESPN.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.