Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot see much pace there either plus James looked injured.......
Niels and Gordon don't lack pace.
Admittedly Godfrey is quicker than Delph but no good if he is always out of position and cannot use the ball in any event.
Regular midfield.
Who else is there ?

Niels and Gordon don't lack pace.
Admittedly Godfrey is quicker than Delph but no good if he is always out of position and cannot use the ball in any event.
Regular midfield.
Who else is there ?
Nail on the head, we never got enough players out to fetch new ones in to get a squad we have a good first 11 any bans, injuries - we are struggling......

My player ratings
Pickford 7 Godfrey 5 Mina 6 Keane 6 Digne 4 Doucoure 4 Allan 6 Sigurdsson 3 James 5 Calvert-Lewin 6 Iwobi 4
Bernard 4 Delph 6 Gordon 6

He was poor today mate. It happens. Don’t understand why some can’t believe a great player can have a poor game and James did.
If you can bear to do it, watch the game again and tell me where his performance was poor. Certainly not in his passing. Certainly not in his holding possession. And he still threw in a number of brilliant dribbles when in tight spots. Rather than I being at fault for being unable to accept a great player can have a poor game I think you're guilty of grading his performance on the basis of his fantastic previous performances rather than where it stood amongst those of mere mortals.

I mean look, we’ve got injuries we’re forced to play with unfit players and players out of position, we’ve improved the first team but couldn’t do much to our depth and we’ve also just had one of those bad games.

In context we’re top of the league, our first loss is only coming now and on our day we’re boss. Today isn’t the end of the world and it’s only a real concern if we throw out a couple more performances as poor as that.

With Richarlison out for another 2 games
Digne 3
James ???
Coleman 1-2

Gonna be a big slog these next 2 games.

International break cant come quick enough.
Hopefully Carlo will sort it. At least he wants to appeal Digne - "a joke". And he was saying weeks ago, and today, that no team has ever won every game, and it is how we respond to today which matters.
Time for the subs to be super and justify their place in the squad.
Hopefully....

If we don’t give away the 1st goal when we did, I don’t think we lose this game. You cannot switch off. Those goals are morale killers. It’s one thing to force the opposition to beat you with brilliance. You give away goals like candy, you have to live with the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.