Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Well, indeed. You may be right. Perhaps the worst thing he did was to take the corners, instead of James. Or perhaps he did so beacuse James was injured still.

I think he took them cos they were on the left and we like inswingers. If nothing else I hope that persuades CA never to start him again.

everyone of are players was second best to theirs today , its been coming the last few weeks though a performance like that, have to kick on again and learn from it.

The worry is that it was a performance that mirrored so many of last season.

Was always going to be a possiiblity when poor tactics + cowardly players like Iwobi & Siggurdsson sneak their way back into the starting 11.

Let's see how you fo in your next couple of games then.
If we don’t give away the 1st goal when we did, I don’t think we lose this game. You cannot switch off. Those goals are morale killers. It’s one thing to force the opposition to beat you with brilliance. You give away goals like candy, you have to live with the result.
Siggy's attempt for that 2nd goal header clearance was so laboured. He's pathetic.

I'm just frustrated how our best performance was against Spurs and we've seemed to regress rather than kick on.

The midfield we were all gushing over is struggling more every week.

I was impressed with our play-like-we-are-two-up style in the second half. Their keeper didn't make a save, did he? An embarrassing, Silva era-like, day. Let's hope Carlo has learned that Iwobi isn't and never will be the answer unless the question is "which player needs bombing out of the club first?" and has the players fired up for Sunday.

I was impressed with our play-like-we-are-two-up style in the second half. Their keeper didn't make a save, did he? An embarrassing, Silva era-like, day. Let's hope Carlo has learned that Iwobi isn't and never will be the answer unless the question is "which player needs bombing out of the club first?" and has the players fired up for Tuesday.

Why who do we play on Tuesday?

Status
Not open for further replies.