2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happened today without Richarlison?

What will happen against Newcastle and more importantly Man Utd without Richarlison AND Digne on top of the likes of Coleman, possibly James.

How anyone can defend this fella is beyond me - you want to stop him grab hold of his shirt and take a yellow card. Simple.
Or maybe he wasn't trying to stop him and get booked. As you said there were 4 defenders between him and the goal, so when you see him overy hold his hands up and step back, what makes you think he was even trying to go him?

Apart from your desire to knock our players at every possibility...

Or maybe he wasn't trying to stop him and get booked. As you said there were 4 defenders between him and the goal, so when you see him overy hold his hands up and step back, what makes you think he was even trying to go him?

Apart from your desire to knock our players at every possibility...

Lad he held his hands up before he even touched him.

No way that gets rescinded and we are yet another good player down due to recklessness on the pitch.

I didnt think it was a red but looks worse in slow motion. Hope it gets rescinded but it was a stupid thing to do and means we are without three of our best players next week

The officials are under major scrutiny at the minute there’s absolutely no way that gets rescinded. FA aren’t gonna throw their officials under the bus, not at this moment in time.

He could have been booked twice and still been sent off in that instance though. One for the initial kick/trip attempt and then another for the actual trip.

that’s fine then, two yellows I could understand and then he’d have a 1 game and not 3.

the foul itself is not a red card.

Erm, that was my point... You seem hell bent on telling us all that Digne has let down the team and yet you admit he tried to pull away before the connection.

Get your story right 'lad'.

"Pull away" LOL all he had to do was grab his shirt - if that was a RS player on James or DCL you would be foaming.

He put his arms up as he tried to take him down and make it look like it was a coming together.

Can see the red standing for serious foul play. It's a tackle from behind, where he's unlikely to win the ball and risks injuring the opponent. Intent or lifting hands up doesn't really come into the argument.

--------------------------
Law 12.....

A tackle or challenge that endangers the safety of an opponent or uses excessive force or brutality must be sanctioned as serious foul play.

Any player who lunges at an opponent in challenging for the ball from the front, from the side or from behind using one or both legs, with excessive force or endangers the safety of an opponent is guilty of serious foul play.
--------------------------

It was a risky challenge and while people can rightly argue about the law and the punishment it invokes I can't see the argument against the ref's application of it in today's game.

Status
Not open for further replies.