2020/21 Lucas Digne

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen the Digne incident, so I don't know what happened, but I will say this: when I played in the craptastic sides I adorned, the one thing that boiled my blood more than anything was a team-mate getting himself sent off when we were losing - as if it were some rebellious act of defiance when all it was was a coward's way out, abandoning your team mates to a torrid fate. I am not accusing Digne of this - I didn't see the incident - but Funes Mori was the classic example of the genre.

We really do need to start keeping 11 men on the pitch, though. There's a touch of recklessness about us in the last few games and it needs to be cut out.

They are both idiots then. If that isn't a red then players will start going out standing on achilles and claim "accident" every time.

If someone is running behind James next game and snaps his achilles meaning he's out all season it won't be a red in your eyes then? You'd be livid.
I'd be disappointed but livid?? Not if it was a clear accident

I think he definitely went to do him as he'd failed to do so just moments before. You see it differently.

If he meant to do his Achilles then he is clearly better than I give him credit for. Both running at speed, Digne with his hands in the air and not looking at the other fellas feet, if he meant to catch his achilles like that then he has some incredible spacial awareness

You are a miserable son of a gun mate.

What happened today without Richarlison?

What will happen against Newcastle and more importantly Man Utd without Richarlison AND Digne on top of the likes of Coleman, possibly James.

How anyone can defend this fella is beyond me - you want to stop him grab hold of his shirt and take a yellow card. Simple.

If its clearly an accident then yes it wont be a red. It's so blatently not intentional. If Digne was intending to foul why wouldn't he just trip him up and take the yellow? No logic to it whatsoever.

He could have been booked twice and still been sent off in that instance though. One for the initial kick/trip attempt and then another for the actual trip.

Interesting that your knowledge of playing against your local postie has led you to this conclusion when Redknapp and Dyer both said it is never a red card.

What do two international footballers know?

Fair kop, of course because 2 former pros have said it its gospel. By that rational Pickfords going to be banned till VVD comes back from his injury

Fair kop, of course because 2 former pros have said it its gospel. By that rational Pickfords going to be banned till VVD comes back from his injury

I see your point but I think the vast majority of the pundits last week got caught up in the hysterics of the VVD situation.

With this one it is a challenge that both of them will have committed and have happen to them every week so they have a good insight to give in a much calmer situation than last week

Status
Not open for further replies.