Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
McCarthy
Walker-Peters, Bednarek, Vestergaard Bertrand
Tella, Romeu, Ward-Prowse, Redmond
Adams, Ings
Even missing the players we are, the above is a team that should be respected as decent but not feared. We will have better players across the park, we just have to perform.

Pickford
Godfrey Keane Mina Digne
Doucs Allan Sig
Iwobi DCL Gordon

That's what I would pick. Although it doesn't make me very confident and I think we will struggle to score.

Gomes v Sigurdsson & Bernard v Gordon the toss ups I'd say. I favour Gordon because I think he will be very hungry to perform after not playing for a month.

Everything has been well covered in these pages concerning who should come in for our suspended and injured players. I'd go for Digne and Nkounkou on the left. Maybe keep Digne at left back. With Nkounkou playing further forward.
And Doucoure on the right side of midfield. Godfrey at right back.
My worry after the derby would be Gomes. He wasn't great. So more than anything I'd drop him.to the bench.
So for me its......
Pickford........(and hope that he turns up).
Godfrey......Keane......Mina.........Digne..
Doucoure......Siggy......Allan.......Nkounkou....
Bernard or Iwobi (no real perference.....either one on their day could turn up........or not) (It's a punt with those two).
DCL....

Godfrey working overtime up and down the right.
Siggy (hopefully) finding that piercing forward pass.(no more backwards or sideways nonsense).
Balls coming in from both wings....( Godfrey ....Digne.....Nkounkou..).for DCL.
Doucoure covering for Godfrey........Allan breaking up their play.
Bernard or Iwobi stepping up and staying close to DCL.
Pickford making no mistakes.....
And DCL.keeping up his phenomenal early season scoring.

That's the theory folks......let's see what happens.......The Professor will have a plan....
Ps.........as I said.......Gomes on the bench.imo......no passengers for this match.
And i wouldn't give up on Rodriquez just yet. I'm going against the grain and saying that he might just play a part in this match........let's see.
Pps........and our defence stands solid. Don't concede. And we at least come away with a draw.
Up The Toffees. Don Carlos (much loved by the RS loving media @@##@@#s) and stick it up them.......Toffees.

Status
Not open for further replies.