2020/21 Alex Iwobi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lazy shouts in the warm-up?
I think the current record is 9 minutes for the first "he's not arsed" shout. Can't remember for sure.

But during the restart I did enjoy sitting in here and waiting for the first post. And he wasn't playing well at that point, but Christ guys give it a rest. Especially now because he is playing decent.

I think the current record is 9 minutes for the first "he's not arsed" shout. Can't remember for sure.

But during the restart I did enjoy sitting in here and waiting for the first post. And he wasn't playing well at that point, but Christ guys give it a rest. Especially now because he is playing decent.
We shall see how he plays.

Thought he was so poor last season, people have every right to express frustration at how he performed. Was such a disappointment, the team went backwards last season and as the third highest signing in our history was contributing nothing, I don’t find it in the least surprising that folk were getting on his back in a fan forum. This “how long before the first lazy shout” is utterly bizarre.

All that said, it’s a new season, with a functioning midfield and suspect all our attacking players now have the opportunity to showcase their skills and what they’re actually about, Iwobi included. I think we’ll see a better season from him this year, fingers crossed it starts on Sunday

If Ancelotti thinks he's the best man for the job then that's good enough for me.

I'll take his opinion over a few lads on an Internet message board.

He's blatantly NOT the best man for the job hence him not usually starting.

He's a backup option at absolute best. A poor one at that but unfortunately that's all Carlo has to work with.

He's a backup option at absolute best. A poor one at that but unfortunately that's all Carlo has to work with.
In fairness, I'm pretty sure that "the job" the poster was referring to was as back up to Richarlison.

So in essence you're agreeing with him ;)

Personally I'd rather see either Gordon or Nkounkou be given a chance there because I've been very impressed with what both have shown this season. But I do think Carlo will go with experience.

If he continues to work inside and avoid isolation on the left, he will be fine. I’m still a bit worried that he may be pinned by Southampton a bit, but it’s up to him to keep building on what he has done so far. He cannot fall back into the habits of last year.

Did you read what I said.

I'm talking about the job as back up to a suspended richarlison.

Obviously everybody is entitled to their opinion, but what I'm saying is ancelotti sees them day in day out in training, will gave a specific game plan, so if he deems Iwobi as the best man at the club to do that job I'm not gonna get all bent out of shape.

Mad how we are going well, top of the league, and there's people fuming about a selection that might not even happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.