Match Thread Southampton v Everton (Sunday 25 October 14:00)

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop ings and you stop Southampton

Easier said than done - him and Newcastles Wilson are top quality and will be testing our backline all game.

Two tough away games these.

Think in both games we need to score early and sit deep and hit them on the counter like against Brighton in the 2nd half.

Would go for a counter attack set up in this one as they play a high line.

Pickford

Godfrey Keane Mina Digne

Doucoure Allan
Iwobi

Rodriguez DCL Bernard

Think the trickery and pace of that front 3 would get through that high line - just dont rate Iwobi out wide whatsoever.

Shame Richarlison is banned as I fancied him to have gotten a brace in this one.

Hope his stupidity doesn't come back to bite us over the next 3 games - so unnecessary and such a big player for us.
Like! As far as I don't see Gomes :dodgy: in this line up!

One thing thats not been picked up on is that this game will tell us a lot about the players mentality.

Come our game both Villa and RS could go above us albeit on GD for the RS so a win is needed to go back top - how many times in recent years have we been in a position to move top or into the European spots and blown it?

Villa away last season springs to mind when we could have gone top and ended up getting beat 2-0.

A win sunday shows that mental hurdle has been erased.

Old Everton would trip up here.
New Everton will win 4-1.
Wuf...after Saturday's game, I don't know where we are. Feel like fricking Schroedinger's cat :oops: and maybe this game will be even a bigger test of our team's ambitions and mentality.
Saints have shown some character. And my guts are telling me nothing good about the upcoming game, and I simply hope that these stinky ropes of mine are just lyings snsofbtchs

This next game will tell a tale. I fear that the loss of Richarlison will take a toll. It's one game at a time, but a result here would consolidate the start. Villa will likely be top by the time we kick off, so this is an interesting test of our conviction. Are we going to defend the league leadership or attack it?

I hope Sigurdsson returns in place of Gomes. For balance, I'd have Gordon instead of Richarlison, but suspect Iwobi will get the nod. I really don't rate him at all, so I think we're significantly weaker for this one thanks to that rush of blood to the head on Saturday.

It's games like this that Iwobi needs to prove skeptics like me wrong. Gomes didn't on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.