2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Icing on the cake that the FA have said that's the end of it.

It was a 50:50 and their player came off worse due to it being a goalie doing what goalies are meant to do, rush the ball and man closing the gap.
Accidents happen.
If Salah went for that with Pickford, he adjusts his body or jumps out of way through experience.

Mad this reaction, but hardly unsurprising given it is Pickford who is already under fire, and that is against Retrospective Action Petition Campaigners FC.

If it had been the other way round the same people gobbling off on the witch hunt would be calling it a crazy accident and promoting Virgil's good nature negating claims of anything malicious.

This is the soap opera that is modern football.

Luckily for us this time it went this way instead of the other like it normally does.

Unlucky Reds, move on, nothing to see here. :bye:

so how was Son’ rescinded last season? wasn’t that dangerous what he did?
both Son and Pickford should have been sent off. Both got away with it.
We freaked at Son, they're freaking at Pickford.
The difference is that the media were sympathetic to Son and Spurs, Gomes hardly got a mention.
Where as Pickford and Everton are being vilified.
What makes it worse is that there's a possibility that Son's tackle was intentional where as Pickford's was clumsy stupidity.

Ironically now is his time to sort his form out as if he cut out the daft mistakes he could really get back in the fans good books after making the RS seethe with rage.

Its on him now.

offisde is irrelevant for dangerous play.

He should have gone.
What are the rules here?

If the ball is not in play you can only be sent off for violent conduct. That's what was being said yesterday. Are you now saying that's incorrect?

If the ball was in play it's a clear penalty and sending off. Not disputing that. And if I'm wrong about the violent conduct thing then fair do's

I can see all the cryarsing affecting him quite badly. We're all aware that it's the mental aspect of the game he seems to struggle with. What happened with Van Dijk was a perfect example of him getting confused and flapping at things. With the media spotlight on him I can see this issue becoming worse. I hope I'm wrong and it somehow helps him focus, but I can't see it currently.

9 times out of 10, he'd be sent off for that challenge. We're then down to 10 men a couple of mins after going behind and with most of the game still to play. We would have lost the game badly. At which point, everyone on here would be calling for his head. He got very very lucky and that doesn't change the fact that he'll cost us a goal or worse in most games. Get rid.

I can see all the cryarsing affecting him quite badly. We're all aware that it's the mental aspect of the game he seems to struggle with. What happened with Van Dijk was a perfect example of him getting confused and flapping at things. With the media spotlight on him I can see this issue becoming worse. I hope I'm wrong and it somehow helps him focus, but I can't see it currently.
If by mental aspect you mean intelligence? I think he's perfectly confident in his own ability, just if he has to think for more than a split about what to do his footballing intelligence lets him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.