2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
He should have got a retroactive ban, to be fair. Next time he could end up injuring himself with a crazy challenge like that. Pickford doesn’t seem quite right in the head.

That would have meant an entire rule change, and that would have been down to pandering to the RS.

He deserved a red,for whatever reason ref and VAR said no, even though they'd seen it.

As the rules stand, that's the end of it.

Now the decision is on Carlo as to whether to stick or twist.

He should have got a retroactive ban, to be fair. Next time he could end up injuring himself with a crazy challenge like that. Pickford doesn’t seem quite right in the head.

With the added oversight VAR gives match officials, it is hard to imagine anything that should receive a retroactive ban these days. I am blatantly not a fan of JP but I think it's a ludicrous shout.

See, this is the issue really isn't it?

You say fans are blinkered for talking up Pickford.

I say fans can be blinkered for refusing to see any positives in his game.

He'll have a decent/good game and some on here will dive in talking about Newcastle when he lost his head.

There were positives in this particular game. That doesn't make it a good game. He made substantial errors that didn't get punished, but that doesn't absolve him of the errors.

The broader problem is that I can't recall the last really good game he had for us. He's capable of great saves, but he doesn't come up with his best effort consistently and his decision-making is error-prone.

He reminds me a lot of Joe Hart at this point...which suggests that at least part of the problem might be the way the English media cannibalizes the starting English goalkeepers.

Wasn’t the great schmichael always commended for charging out and making himself a big barrier?
As for the comments by Darren Moore on sky about being off two feet is an automatic red card,how the hell can keepers dive then? or people jump for the ball?
These pundits talk bully
Ah yes Darren Moore, threatened to volley Rooney after Wayne took the proverbial out of him in 2002. Ill be sure to take his opinion under advisement

With the added oversight VAR gives match officials, it is hard to imagine anything that should receive a retroactive ban these days. I am blatantly not a fan of JP but I think it's a ludicrous shout.
Fair enough. And I would be very unhappy to see John Parrott punished after his otherwise sterling performance in the VAR portacabin on Saturday lol

Just know I would be raging if James got done in similar circumstances and the keeper got off Scot free.

Look let’s face it. The hits the media and revenue from feeding into Liverpool would be madness not to take advantage off. Ye can’t blame them. Unless we abolish the monetary system ye can’t blame them.

The witch-hunt is borderline outrageous right now, any other club (us included) and it’s forgotten about the next day after a bit of fume, it’s now nearly 49 hours since the incident occurred and, despite being piped down by the FA and the Premier League over it, the media and RS won’t let up until they destroy the lad’s career

Yep, loads of them saying how Pickford will get his comeuppance when he has to go to Anfield for the return fixture. What are they gonna do,lash their remote controls at the telly when his face comes up on the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.