2020/21 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
0_Everton-v-Liverpool-Premier-League.jpg

VVD is making no attempt to play the ball there, Pickford is lucky.

Strange how it seems to always be our lads who get retrospective bans, absolute pee take.

Exactly. Remember when Palace played Man Utd and were given a handball penalty and nobody cared? The week later we get the exact same penalty awarded in our favour and the media started a campaign to review the VAR rules lol Little snidey red bitters, jealous and can’t believe Everton have started off well and are playing well.

Exactly. Remember when Palace played Man Utd and were given a handball penalty and nobody cared? The week later we get the exact same penalty awarded in our favour and the media started a campaign to review the VAR rules lol Little snidey red bitters, jealous and can’t believe Everton have started off well and are playing well.
And Oumars 'dive'

I thought he made at least three saves that kept us in the game, and his distribution seems back to normal - accurate deliveries deep into the opposition half. I do not see that the collision with VD was all his fault. He was not going for the player, and he put his balls on the line.

Even last season, comparing the number of saves with the mistakes (behind a leaky defence) he earned his keep. I don't like to blame Coleman, but there was nothing Pickford could do about the first goal yesterday. And Salah's goal was not stoppable. Pickford cut his teeth with Sunderland facing more shots than anyone. He needs to keep building on his confidence now. He cannot be taller, and his arms cant grow longer, but his judgement for reading the game and his enthusiasm are what can make him a much more than averagely effective blocker. Long may his mojo continue to rise. We don't have anyone better on the books.

I grew up with Gordon West in goal - he gave everything for the team. Even the mighty Southall needed time to settle. Give Pickford time. Trust in Carlo.

;)
I don't blame him for either goals and the vvd challenge was just him trying his best even though it was a wild challenge. When I played if you went in for a challenge with a keeper you always knew you were likely to come out second best. Didn't think his distribution was much tbh. Teams have got on to his distribution and he sometimes tries to hard to find the perfect pass. As for mistakes he makes them on a regular basis. Imagine if that Henderson goal had been allowed. We have no one else as you have said so it's him in goal. Maybe with age he will settle down but I have my doubts

I think it was us who were made the example of over this and maybe West Ham the following week and it’s never been used since. Sound for players like Mane to roll around holding his head after no contact though to win a free kick in a dangerous area.
It literally was the only time ever a retrospective ban for diving has been given, it's laughable in it's unflinching and uncaring bias.

PLEASE FA, SAVE US.

Checked yesterday, cant keep getting checked over and over to please the other lot, one of the comments in that was " The fact it was checked doesn’t mean it was checked correctly. lol

plus this contradicts itself
PGMOL confirmed that the VAR had failed to check whether it was a red card due to the analysis of the offside and, as it was a SUBJECTIVE decision, they ruled Pickford had made a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Most keepers would also get credit for the good saves he made.

yep, but that’s not what you said. You suggested other keepers wouldn’t get criticized for that “goal”

I don’t believe there’s a problem with “binary” opinions here, can you name and shame? Its a bit odd to me that you are moaning that a dodgy keeper is getting criticism

pretty sure everybody knows he can make excellent saves, can have good games, however it’s his obvious flaws that are at the fore right now

Status
Not open for further replies.