Usmanov

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. So the point stands if the £30 mill for the stadium has been accepted as fair he can pay that and put his name above the door which puts an end to any question about what we can and cannot afford.
The Premier League are still investigating the stadium deal as far as I know.

Ive lost count of how much money Moshiri has ploughed into the club so far, I think last time I checked it was around 350m in interest-free loans and god knows how much via USM and associated companies in the form of sponsorship and I'm almost certain he has dug deep this summer to back Carlo.

We wont be buying Messi any time soon, but the money has been there for Silva, Big Sam and now Carlo.

There is a limit to how far we can go, without taking the piss, but The Mosh always finds a way.

Sportsmail revealed in January that the Premier League were investigating the extraordinary deal in which Usmanov's holding company, USM, will pay £30million for the option to buy naming rights for a ground that will not open until 2023 at the earliest on a site where building work has yet to begin.

The Premier League are seeking to establish if Everton's sale of a future naming-rights option for an unbuilt stadium, which would represent a first in UK sport, for £30m represents fair market value.

Executives at rival clubs raised eyebrows at the deal when it was announced in January, questioning its value and whether Usmanov could be considered independent, leading to private claims that the cash injection was an attempt to help Everton comply with the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules.

Premier League Rule E.54 states that any commercial deal 'arising from a related party transaction' must be 'recorded in the club's annual accounts at a fair market value'.

As I say, in the shadows or not, there are still hoops to jump through.

From my POV, it really doesn't matter whether he has his name above the door or not, we are not lacking investment from our owner.

Ive lost count of how much money Moshiri has ploughed into the club so far, I think last time I checked it was around 350m in interest-free loans and god knows how much via USM and associated companies in the form of sponsorship and I'm almost certain he has dug deep this summer to back Carlo.

We wont be buying Messi any time soon, but the money has been there for Silva, Big Sam and now Carlo.

There is a limit to how far we can go, without taking the piss, but The Mosh always finds a way.

Sportsmail revealed in January that the Premier League were investigating the extraordinary deal in which Usmanov's holding company, USM, will pay £30million for the option to buy naming rights for a ground that will not open until 2023 at the earliest on a site where building work has yet to begin.

The Premier League are seeking to establish if Everton's sale of a future naming-rights option for an unbuilt stadium, which would represent a first in UK sport, for £30m represents fair market value.

Executives at rival clubs raised eyebrows at the deal when it was announced in January, questioning its value and whether Usmanov could be considered independent, leading to private claims that the cash injection was an attempt to help Everton comply with the Premier League's profit and sustainability rules.

Premier League Rule E.54 states that any commercial deal 'arising from a related party transaction' must be 'recorded in the club's annual accounts at a fair market value'.

From my POV, it really doesn't matter whether he has his name above the door or not, we are not lacking investment from our owner.
I'm not having a pop at Moshiri, Kenwright did a good job in finding him but for me this is like a product endorsement from the Queen's butler or from the Queen. We could go round and round forever mate but the main thing is he's lingering around and even if he's just a guarantor he's got serious money.

I'm not having a pop at Moshiri, Kenwright did a good job in finding him but for me this is like a product endorsement from the Queen's butler or from the Queen. We could go round and round forever mate but the main thing is he's lingering around and even if he's just a guarantor he's got serious money.

The majority of the club's in this league are owned by people with serious money, but none of them have invested as much as Moshiri has in the last 3 or 4 years.

As I say, there's not a single person involved with football who isn't aware of Usmanovs involvement here. Him moving out the shadows would have zero impact, IMO.

The majority of the club's in this league are owned by people with serious money, but none of them have invested as much as Moshiri has in the last 3 or 4 years.

As I say, there's not a single person involved with football who isn't aware of Usmanovs involvement here. Him moving out the shadows would have zero impact, IMO.
And there endeth the explanation. UTFT.

Nobody had done it before...the was NO market value to compare it with until we set it
Therefore no case
QED

There was no precedent when the first time deals were done for sponsorship of shirts, sleeves, stadia, cars, toiletries, shaving materials, training grounds, perimeter advertising or image rights.

We are just the first to do such a deal, I'm sure they will become commonplace for those building a new stadium in future - it's a non-story.

Agree with Degsy

I would think that as long as there was provision to refund said amount in the event of stadium not being built there should be no problem. Rival clubs are upset because they did not think of this.E,G. Spurs.

I am tended to agree with this. It would just make it harder for him to sponsor us.

£30m on a naming rights option. LOL. You've got to laugh. Anyone questioning Uncle Izzie's involvement after that is perhaps a little naive.

The main question for me at the moment is how far we can push this without getting rumbled by FFP. I've heard people, who seemed to have some legal knowledge, suggest that the rulings would be extremely unlikely to stand in a 'real' court.

Either way, people with Moshiri & Usmanov's wealth are masters of exploiting loopholes. I'm sure they'll continue to worm their way through it and keep dragging us out of the dirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.